Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

what do you do for a living

Article about: well mate you ever down here you and your family are welcome here always a kettle on the go mate :d

grndskeeper
    ?

Default Re: what do you do for a living

Art Director at a packaging design agency.

Maxrobot
    ?

I am a technician for an avionics company. An English company bought us several years ago and assigned us under a Swiss company. I was working today on parts for the Grumman EA-6B Prowler aircraft.

Im employed as a Explosive Ordnance Searcher which is a civilian job working for a eod regt,basically getting paid for metal detecting clearing old ranges or current training areas of exploded and unexploded ordnance

?

i am a pilot for an airlines, and i have no idea what these buttons for?
    just joking

Hey.

I have to level with all you guys. I am a 16 year old guy from Norway. My birth date is 23.12.91 so I’m almost 17. I know that you have to be 18 to join this forum but I am very interested in this stuff! I admire all of you and your knowledge! You are role models for me as a collector! Collecting ww1-ww2 items has been my hobby for many years. I think I started collecting when I was about 5! I got lots of cool stuff from war veterans and stuff. Relic hunting is also a thing I like doing. I guess my interest of ww2 started when my grandparents started telling me stories from the war. Both sides of my grand family were with the resistance. My Grandmas uncle was Toralv Øksnevad. Hwo is very well known by the Norwegians during the war. He broadcasted the war news from England to Norway. The rest of the family did sabotage in any way they could. My grandma was only 14 when the war started… she smuggled letters and documents, food and weapons. My family also supplied and hid weapons in their house. When my grandma`s dad went out doing something “illegal” my grandma and her mom was told that there was grenades on top of the living room clock and a loaded pistol in the kitchen drawer and a loaded steengun inside the sofa pillows. They were instructed to not open the door unless the right signal was made. If the Germans came they would have to shoot themselves out of the house. I remember the first time I heard a story from my grandma. We were at the cottage and I was playing with a luger gun toy. I asked her if she knew what this gun was called and she answered: A German luger. I think I was about 5….. and I did not know what a luger was. My grandma is still alive today and I visit her every week to listen to more stories. She is my HERO!

A scary episode from late 1940:
    My grandma and a girlfriend with their boyfriends were walking down one of the streets in town. My grandma was walking with an umbrella in her hand. Then two young German officers came walking in the opposite direction (coming towards them). The one officer grabs here umbrella as they pass and stops down the street looking for a reaction. My grandma turns on the spot, walks over to the two officers, grabs the umbrella and hits the officer in the face with the umbrella so hard that hi falls down. Then grandma turns again and walks back to her friends who are dead frightened of what the officers might do. But the officers could do nothing else but to look stupid. I guess they were a little surprised that a 14 year old would do that.

But any way, this is a nice forum with lots of nice people!
    I go to Media school 2 year. I worked 3 days on the movie set at the new Norwegian war movie “Max Manus” this year! FUNNNNN
    YouTube - Max Manus - teaser

Now I have a fairly good collection if I may say so. Weapons, uniforms and so on. And I will keep collecting the rest of my life!

Thanks.
    Last edited by oksnevad_2; 10-28-2008 at 10:20 PM.

tony
    ?

Ex-tradesman (fitter and turner) 6 years, ex-cop (detective) 15 years, now mister mum while wife works full time. 2 children, boy 15 , girl 12. Love cleaning, cooking(had to learn how to cook when I left work as I refuse to eat crap and I don't expect the wife to cook when she has worked all day). Only thing I'm not allowed to touch is the iron(damn!). Gee I wish I was back at work sometimes! Was pensioned out of the force 7 years ago severe depression, PTSD. Lost the plot. Saw one too many dead kids, delivered one too many death messages. Reckon I had it bit easier than those 'angels of death' though. Here in Australia they had boys as young as 14 delivering telegrams to families who lost loved ones during the 2nd world war. They called them the angels of death, the messengers of bad news. Saw one such bloke interviewed in a doco a few years ago. He burst into tears and said he could never forget the looks on mothers faces when they saw him coming to their front doors dressed in his postal uniform with the dreaded telegram. Not something a 14 year old should have to do, let alone a big tough policeman like me. But then again 14 year olds were doing things in this war they hadn't done before, even fighting and killing. Life appeared very cheap during WW2. I doubt this would have lessoned the anguish and suffering of families who lost loved ones on either side. I cannot imagine the suffering they would have had to endure. And believe it or not I found this part of being a police officer probably the hardest job of all. It's hard watching people grieve, even when you're a stranger to the aggrieved one. I found it easier wrestling drunks and druggies than delivering death messages. It has taken some getting used to being a house husband. But I at least got to know my children when I left the force. I was rarely home when I was a police officer. My apologies for the depressing story, hope I haven't put too much of a damper on the more cheerful ones. Enjoy your lives everyone. Be good to each other. Cheers Tony.

?

Talking Re: what do you do for a living

I am a facilities mechanic for a commercial real estate developer.I perform plumbing,electrical,minor hvac and whatever else needs repair in office&wharehouse buildings.

Quote by Sam11 View Post
    i am a pilot for an airlines, and i have no idea what these buttons for?
    just joking
    Hahaha!

First time I’ve ever seen this thread. It’s plethora of subject matters on the forum, Very interesting

Marty
    Fortune favors the brave 644th td

I guess it’s my turn!

I am a YouTube creator with almost 1 million subscribers. I make money through ads, merchandise and memberships. My formal background though is computer programming and I’ve done this while growing my brand until my brand became sustainable.

Let’s keep this thread going!

We are a diverse bunch indeed it’s very interesting to see how all of you get your money to buy cool Third Reich stuff! All of you SS collectors out there, do you rob banks for a living?

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast