Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

What ONE piece in your collection do you wish could talk?

Article about: Hey all, What is the one item in your whole collection that you wished could talk to you? You know, it is so intriguing and you just don't know why it is like that ( and will never know ) bu

Without a shadow of a doubt this button. The piece of paper reads ‘this one saved saved my life Mu???? 1942’.
    Attached Images Attached Images

My first choice would have to be this German S98/05 bayonet.
    It was given to me on my 16th birthday by a dear family friend who was
    the widow of the vet who picked it up off the battlefield and mailed it home.

It would be interesting to here it's history from the day it was issued up until
    it was gifted to me. Including the years it was a wall hanger in my friends house.
    I am sure that it has some stories to tell.
    gregM
    Live to ride -- Ride to live

I was addicted to the "Hokey-Pokey" but I've turned
    myself around.

Quote by Grimebox View Post
    Without a shadow of a doubt this button. The piece of paper reads ‘this one saved saved my life Mu???? 1942’.
    That's a cracker!! I love these trophies and mementos that meant so much to the original owner / finder / hunter.
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

Quote by Kohima View Post
    Hi Dan,
    This was a popular practical ‘souvenir’, created by Red Army soldiers and partisans in the field. Often the central motif was filed (sometimes retaining the wreath, if a Luftwaffe buckle), or hammered flat and cut into various designs - frequently a star - or an insignia added, such as a cap star.
    I’ve never seen one fitted with a Guards badge before. Very nice!

Lovely find and definitely worth talking to!

I wouldn’t know where to start with my collection.. I’ll have to give it some thought..
    I like the fact that the Russian soldier didn't waste a Kopek on it!!!!!
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

My 2nd choice would have to be this John Ek commando knife.
    It was carried by a captain in the US Special Forces in Vietnam. he returned it
    to the Ek factory so that it could be fitted with a crossguard but instead of reworking
    the knife, they sent him a new one to VN. This knife then set in the display room at Ek knives
    until being sold by the Gary Ek. (the son of the company founder)
    Last edited by Chopperman; 08-14-2020 at 04:36 PM.
    gregM
    Live to ride -- Ride to live

I was addicted to the "Hokey-Pokey" but I've turned
    myself around.

?

Would love to know who this camo New Zealand Mk II was issued to and were it spent it's war time service...

Regards Mark

?

we couldn't get lighter fluid in the bush. only in the PX. so we would use gasoline in them. worked great!

After briefly looking over my collection I decided on this item here. An aluminum license plate inspection token from a German vehicle. This was dug up by a good friend of mine in Latvia a few years back. When I first added it to my collection it was still fresh from the ground. No telling all the places it went while attached to a vehicle.

Best regards- Jarret

CBA9E929-F869-4561-87D8-729858F4533E.jpg

My humble offering... a German fuse cap recovered from Regina trench in 1992. The trench was situated on Thiepval Ridge (Somme) and wasn't taken until November 11th 1916.. The Canadian Corps lost 24,000 men as they strove to take Courcelette, Thiepval Ridge, and Regina trench... the scene of horrific slaughter. Maybe it is just as well that this object cannot talk of what it witnessed.

Cheers,
    Steve

P1010259.jpgP1010258.jpg

Klaus Schmidt was wounded by bullets (31A) three times and survived the war. It would be interesting to hear this Soldbuch tell the story.

0091_001 (002).jpg0095_001 (002).jpg

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast