Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Where to go in Chicago?

Article about: Hello all, I have two days off in Chicago starting today. Can anyone turn me on to their honey hole? Is there any antique stores that have militaria or maybe a militaria only antique store i

?

Default Where to go in Chicago?

Hello all,

I have two days off in Chicago starting today. Can anyone turn me on to their honey hole? Is there any antique stores that have militaria or maybe a militaria only antique store in or around downtown? I will be in the Lakeshore area.

Thanks for the help... if you.. are...helpful....

Hummel

How about 'the old department store' !!!!!!

go see the UBoat.

?

You will be perfectly safe there. Strict gun control.

?

I have very good gun control... I hit everything that I am shooting at!

Thanks Harryamb2, that is an awesome idea. I am staying on Lakeshore drive across from the Navy pier. I can only assume that it will be very close to my hotel.

Hummel

Do not miss the U-505 display at the Museum of Science and Industry. It has been completely restored after being stored outside for many years and is now housed in a special exhibit building that was constructed especially for the submarine. Part of the tour is inside the sub with a taste of what daily life was like on the sub. There is also a Stuka mounted on the first floor hanging from the ceiling. As far as I know, there are no longer any militaria shops active in either the city or the suburbs.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

Never bought anything in Chicago.
    chris

?

I am definitely going to hit the museum and check out U-505. The sub will be a nice to see and take the boredom out of the day and the Stuka will be a bonus! Thanks for your advice on how to spend my time in Chicago. I will take some pics and post them when I get back to the homestead in 9 days or so.
    Thank you,
    Hummel

Hummel

If you have time, another interesting place to go is the 1st Division Museum in Winfield, Illinois. It is about 40 minutes west of downtown Chicago. You will have the opportunity to walk through a WW I trench and a burnt out French village, embark from a Higgins boat and walk on to Omaha Beach on D Day +1, walk a rice paddy in Viet Nam. A very interesting place on the grounds of the mansion of the former Col. Robert McCormick, a WW I veteran who was the owner of the Chicago Tribune. Outside the museum is a tank park with many different models of US tanks. There is also a tour of the col.'s mansion.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

I have yet to come across any collectable militaria in the city.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast