Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Your 2022 Pick Ups

Article about: Another year has come and gone. Always a bit surprising when we look back to see what we picked up over the last 12 months. So no matter what you got, a lot or a little, just post it. *** Le

?

Forgot a couple of pieces...not a spectacular year, but enough to reignite my enthusiasm...hopefully 2023 lets me make up for a couple slow years!
    DSCF2072.jpg

?

Quote by Finngaill View Post
    Stunning pick ups!

Here is my in 2022

Attachment 1626922

This Weihnachten 1942 cartoon poster is one of my favorites what I had seen in this year! Congratulations to adding it to your collection

Nobody who buys an SS wrapper is just buying a bland US jacket...there's got to be a story behind that pickup I think we're all curious to hear

?

Quote by NSDAP Sammler View Post
    Here is a selection of my 2022 pickups. This year was marked by my restoration project and the expansion of my SA sports badge collection.
    What's the buckle looking thing above the holsters? Never seen anything like that before

Quote by Brig View Post
    Nobody who buys an SS wrapper is just buying a bland US jacket...there's got to be a story behind that pickup I think we're all curious to hear
    Unfortunately there is not big story behind of this. US jackets are mine side collection outside of the SA/PL and now I start to take steps in the collecting of SS uniforms. US jacket is named.

This time it was simple as that

SS Mantel original came from Florida veteran. He liberate it from the SS office near Dachau
    -TJ-

Quote by Brig View Post
    What's the buckle looking thing above the holsters? Never seen anything like that before
    It is brocade holster device. Here is photo of the holster with the device.

Credit Sammler
    20221106_093531.jpg
    Last edited by Finngaill; 01-06-2023 at 09:43 AM.
    -TJ-

Quote by Brig View Post
    It is - as TJ correctly writes - a metal holster suspension device for a 1939 pattern NSDAP brocade dress pistol support cross strap. So it's just a small part of a much larger piece. I had loops sewn from NSDAP collar tab braid and brown shirt fabric for the piece so that I could connect it to my Brocade Belt because I don't have a original cross strap. These pieces are almost impossible to find complete and when they are, they are priceless. Even the suspension device alone is very rarely found as a spare part. That had been a real stroke of luck.

Here you can take a look at a complete Set: Brocade Dress Pistol Holster Rig

My Type 99 made it. It’s a 25th series (I believe) Kokura. She has the original sling and bayonet (Toyota Automatic Loomworks) that was brought back with her. Though she is missing the firing pin spring and safety knob.
    Attached Images Attached Images

MAP
    ?

Quote by 08SMLE48 View Post
    My Type 99 made it. It’s a 25th series (I believe) Kokura. She has the original sling and bayonet (Toyota Automatic Loomworks) that was brought back with her. Though she is missing the firing pin spring and safety knob.
    Nice. Getting pretty close to a true "last ditch" type.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Quote by MAP View Post
    Nice. Getting pretty close to a true "last ditch" type.
    Yep pretty close. I’d say about halfway to the last “last ditch”. It’s still solid though with some rust I need to get rid of. I’ll post a separate thread for her with better pictures.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3