Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

40 mm brass

Article about: hey guys, was just wondering ... I have a 40mm bofo round and was thinking about shinning up the brass to make it look nice, but I am kind of on the fence as will this reck the history value

Default 40 mm brass

hey guys, was just wondering ... I have a 40mm bofo round and was thinking about shinning up the brass to make it look nice, but I am kind of on the fence as will this reck the history value of it what do you guys think
    40 mm brass

- - ------- - -

ps that's a .22LR beside it lol

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement 40 mm brass
    P
    Many

I would personally leave it as is, but why should the value change if it was polished? The head stamp on it tells you when it was made. The age does not change if you see your face in the reflection?

These shell casings are not rare, if you like a bit of shiny brass go for it.

i was just on the fence of what to do I kinda like it both ways lol the "aged" look and the "new" look just see what you guys would do / do

Personally, I'd keep it as it is. Old brass always has a nice patina to it that polishing completely removes. That's me personally, though. It's yours, and your choice what to do with it.

B.B.

CBH
    ?

It wouldn't hurt the value if you polished it but then you have to keep on polishing it.
    PS, always nice to have more Canadians on the forum, the Tim's cups where a dead give away, I prefer Robin's LOL. Happy collecting.

...ah perhaps you're overlooking the new global collecting fad....Coffee Cups'n'Bofors Rounds.....'all the rage over this side of the pond!

Seriously, as a Polisher AND non-Polisher (cos, as has been pointed out...you HAVE to keep polishing if you want that shiny look maintained) they look great shiny...but they look equally good "used"....and you save on the elbow grease and Brasso too!

lol, that's and my user name, yah in Ontario .... is it hard to find rounds on this side.. as the Europe members, sites? would be cool ot have a Tiger 1 round

and robin's? don't believe we have that here, robins ice cream? lol

and composite: yah I hear yah, its a internal struggle I like the aged look but the shinny look nice too lol, I have .50 cal rounds iv shined up and they look a lot nicer then out of the box lol