Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Another M40 helmet project on its way

Article about: well they say things happen in three's so heres the 3rd helmet that will be on its way to me i'll post better pic's when it arrives

?

Default Re: Another M40 helmet project on its way

not sure what it could have been???????
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Another M40 helmet project on its way   Another M40 helmet project on its way  

Another M40 helmet project on its way  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Another M40 helmet project on its way
    P
    Many

Hi Nick,the metal on the shell looks in good nick, are you taking the helmet back to square one ?. that should look great, I dont want to put a damper on it, but i have seen 35 / 40 Patt, helmets with a comb on them, they go from top down the back and were use by German fire units.

Hope this helps?
    dave.

?

yeah im going to finish the job at the weekend but not sure if i'll be keeping it as to me it has no character & will just look like an unused lid compared to the others ??????

?

well there you go one naked M40 lid anyone want it
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Another M40 helmet project on its way   Another M40 helmet project on its way  

Another M40 helmet project on its way   Another M40 helmet project on its way  

Another M40 helmet project on its way   Another M40 helmet project on its way  

?

i showed these pictures to someone i know & he said much the same as Panzer 3 did

That was probably converted into a fire helmet by the Czech (or other country) after the war, the three holes would have held the 'ridge' piece in place! You also get them with 2 small holes on the front and again a fire service conversion!

?

this lid has now gone in exchange for something very cool indeed & will post pics when it arrives

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2