Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here

Best way to protect my Collar Tabs?

Article about: Hello! I've recently gotten into the community and bought some German Collar Tabs and I'm wondering what would be the best way to protect against moths/moth larvae and other such nuisances,

Default Best way to protect my Collar Tabs?

Hello! I've recently gotten into the community and bought some German Collar Tabs and I'm wondering what would be the best way to protect against moths/moth larvae and other such nuisances, I've seen some people talk about moth prevention but never on smaller cloth items like Collar Tabs.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Best way to protect my Collar Tabs?
    P
    Many

I keep mine in a plastic snaplock bag and then put them away in an airtight container. It's pretty effective, but useless if you want to diaplay them. You haven't mentioned if you intend to display them.

Keeping them in a sealed frame would be sufficient enough to prevent moth damage. As long as there’s no gaps around the edges for moths to crawl inside and lay eggs, displaying them like that on the wall or a shelf would be perfectly safe. Moths like to lay their eggs in dark, undisturbed places. As long as you keep them somewhere well lit (not in direct sunlight, obviously) and move them about frequently, you shouldn’t have anything to worry about.

If you’re really worried about moths, investing in some pheromone traps and other preventative measures will go a long way to help your peace of mind. At the end of the day, the best defence against moths is vigilance. Vacuum frequently, particularly around skirting boards, and rotate/inspect cloth items on a regular basis. That’s what the museums do, and that’s all we can do as collectors. There is no way to completely eliminate moths as a potential source of damage.

B.B.