Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here

M18 cutout

Article about: here is a helmet I plan on doing some work on. I plan to weld the holes, after that I dont know if I should repaint, or leave it as a shell.

Default M18 cutout

here is a helmet I plan on doing some work on. I plan to weld the holes, after that I dont know if I should repaint, or leave it as a shell.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement M18 cutout
    P
    Many

Don't touch it!

welding the holes, would make it more strong and whole. Any helmets with original paint or history, should be left alone IMO. since it is a bare shell it would hold longer if the holes were fixed, for the future generations etc. Or what do you think, Texasuberalles

MAP
    ?

I would leave it as is.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

?

Leave it as is IMO.

?

Leave it as it is.

?

Please do not do anything to the helmet. They are so extremely rare, only about 10,000 of them were produced! Any alteration would destroy the historical value of the piece forever and render it absolutely worthless to collectors or museums. So please leave it in its original condition. It would really be a huge shame and tragedy to change even one thing about it!!!

Have to agree with the guys in leaving it as found. It looks in fairly solid condition even with the holes.