Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

M18 Restoration

Article about: Hi this my first attempt to restore something left me know what you think. Primer added 1. LW Blue/gray added. Decals and liner are on the way.

Default M18 Restoration

Hi this my first attempt to restore something left me know what you think.

Primer added 1. M18 Restoration

LW Blue/gray added. M18 Restoration
    M18 Restoration M18 Restoration
    Attachment 1552355

Decals and liner are on the way.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement M18 Restoration
    P
    Many

Looks like a nice M18!

Can you shows us the stamps?

Cheers,
    Emile

Hi Emile, the colour I am going for is a mid 1930s luft waffe finish, thus the blue/gray. As for the stamps they are long gone, since it was a relic prior to the restoration and was filled with pitting.During the process of the restoration a few holes were filled on the top(rust holes), aswell as one of the stirnpanzer horns was missing, and was replaced with a new one.It needed a restoration and overall some new paint IMO.

Best regards Kai

Move to correct sub forum
    Ben

It's lucky to find a real M18, even in rough condition. I would not denigrate it with fake decals but would be happy to leave it plain.

I agree Blackcat1982, I was thinking more on the lines of a discreet Luft waffe decal, in good museum quality. I hope this restoration did it justice.

Looks nice mate. Some very nice spray work there too! No runs or drips. Did you use a can or spray gun?

Thank you Andy , I used a normal high grade spray can. I was very picky to spray when it was bright outside. So I got the best element to spray everything correct, as to not get any paint drip etc. Since I did a pretty good overall with sanding on the inside and outside. The paint was very easy to apply, and it makes it look like it rolled out of the factory yesterday.