Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

M40 et lw

Article about: I normally collect untouched lids, but I had an original ET shell with ugly green paint just lying around, so I stripped it, found no original paint so I repainted it and got myself a nice d

?

Default M40 et lw

I normally collect untouched lids, but I had an original ET shell with ugly green paint just lying around, so I stripped it, found no original paint so I repainted it and got myself a nice decal from dday-1944.com. My first helmet "restoration" ever, now only waiting for a new liner. This is the result so far:

M40 et lwM40 et lwM40 et lw

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement M40 et lw
    P
    Many

Looks goo... ooops i see a paint drip! Just kidding, looks great. Now wear it a lot it needs to have that worn look.

Looks great (I need an M40 Luft...). I wonder what that yellow under the green was?

What stripper did you use?

?

Thanks for the compliments!

The yellow was Norwegian paint, that was unfortunately already abused.. I used paint stripper from a warehouse called Biltema and the can just said "paint remover" but in swedish. Very effective to use at newer paint, almost did'nt touch the older paint so I had to apply many layers to strip it.

Ugh, I hate stripping... but sometimes it has to be done. At least steel helmet you're going to repaint is easier than a chair ;-)

?

Stripping isn't the funniest part but has to be done

This is how the decal looked like before being applied, nice quality printed upside down just like they should be. I also got some spare wings for testing and a nice glue for better application.

M40 et lwM40 et lw