Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here

M40 Stahlhelm ET64 #1435 restoration

Article about: I used this original shell for years as a reenacting helmet. Please don't judge me - it was cheap and I really didn't know any better at the time. It was only a shell with original paint ins

Default M40 Stahlhelm ET64 #1435 restoration

I used this original shell for years as a reenacting helmet. Please don't judge me - it was cheap and I really didn't know any better at the time. It was only a shell with original paint inside and a messed with paint job on the exterior. It was sand blasted (exterior only) and I painted it, put in a post war liner and added a decal. Now I want to get an original liner for it and have the exterior repainted. I am looking for a reliable company or person to do this. Advice welcome. Thanks, Neil

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement M40 Stahlhelm ET64 #1435 restoration
    P
    Many

Alexander and sons restorations. Would be the best company to take on your specific request.

Off it goes.

I have dealt with Alexander and Sons in the past and was satisfied with what I received.
    I have also done some leather work for him in the past, and can say that he was pleasant to deal with.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Thanks Ralph, I feel confident with your input that it will come back looking good. I will follow up with some photos. NH

Hi folks, I sent the helmet and original liner to Alexander & Sons. I requested a simple no decal outer restoration with matte textured paint. The interior remains original. They inserted a somewhat fragile liner without damaging it. Chin strap is obviously a reproduction. The result is good and the interaction was very professional. They did offer aging or distressing to the outer shell but I passed on it. For resale, I want it to be obvious that this was restored since this will affect the value. I also passed on a decal even though it could have had an SD Heer. If someone down the line wants to add one I leave that up to them. NH M40 Stahlhelm ET64 #1435 restorationM40 Stahlhelm ET64 #1435 restorationM40 Stahlhelm ET64 #1435 restoration