Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

A new defense against moths

Article about: Just wanted to share with everyone a new product that I found yesterday. For quite awhile now I’ve been searching for an effective way to protect my uniform collection against moths. This

Default A new defense against moths

Just wanted to share with everyone a new product that I found yesterday. For quite awhile now I’ve been searching for an effective way to protect my uniform collection against moths. This product has every feature that I’ve been looking for.

I originally tried using your run of the mill garment covers with a zipper closure. The biggest downside to these in my opinion is the large opening on the top where the hanger sticks out. Despite these products saying they protect against moths, they really don’t. The large opening on top allows moths to climb right in. I also thought about using large sealable bags, but going down that road would mean I couldn’t hang my uniforms in my closet. I would be forced to lay them down somewhere, and that’s not an idea I like too much.

The product that I found yesterday checks all the boxes I was looking for. Something that’s sealable, able to hang in the closet, and has no holes for moths to enter from. These bags also have a vacuum sealing feature as well. I personally chose not to use this though out of fear of possibly damaging my uniforms. As you can see here it fits my recent German uniform find perfectly with no issues. Despite it being sealed I’m still able to neatly store it in my closet just like any other shirt/jacket on a hanger.

You guys may have already seen 'or use' this product, but I thought
    that it was worth sharing here as I was looking for something like this for a long time.

A new defense against mothsA new defense against moths

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement A new defense against moths
    P
    Many

Great find.
    I haven't personally found same as yours. But have used see-through 60x140cm or 60x180cm plastic bags for clothing. Every proper store has them.
    Make small 2mm hole for the hanger and tie up loosely close from the bottom.

Closed bags are annoying, need to open every damm bag to find one tunic among the many.

And as for me, dust is bigger issue as I don't have big enough wardrobe to store my over ~50 hanger items.