Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

original collar cloth wanted for restoring a M1919 tunic (provisional Reichswehr)

Article about: Unfortunately the collar and the original cuffs had been removed. Collar was replaced by grey cloth, but the sleeves are showing traces of reseda green cloth... So I am looking for grey clot

?

Default original collar cloth wanted for restoring a M1919 tunic (provisional Reichswehr)

Unfortunately the collar and the original cuffs had been removed. Collar was replaced by grey cloth, but the sleeves are showing traces of reseda green cloth...

So I am looking for grey cloth for replacing the cuffs
    or reseda green clorh for replacing collar and the cuffs
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture original collar cloth wanted for restoring a M1919 tunic (provisional Reichswehr)   original collar cloth wanted for restoring a M1919 tunic (provisional Reichswehr)  

original collar cloth wanted for restoring a M1919 tunic (provisional Reichswehr)   original collar cloth wanted for restoring a M1919 tunic (provisional Reichswehr)  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement original collar cloth wanted for restoring a M1919 tunic (provisional Reichswehr)
    P
    Many

?

Hope you find some.......... I've been looking for regards green cloth for years... No joy at all so far.

?

matching grey cloth woud be ok, too but I think I started a very long lasting project...
    the second problem: matching collar tabs and arm patches...

?

I think you've started a long project too!
    Personally I'd leave it alone.......it will never be original if you repair it, plus finding the material will be both expensive and long winded.
    As I said , I've been looking for reseda green fabric for what seems a lifetime. All the remnants I've found have either been the right colour but wrong texture or vice versa. Then there's the issue of wear on the fabric.
    In short I think it'll be a cold day in help before I find the right fabric.
    The hand stitched collar on your bluse doesn't offend me at all and I've seen this kind of repair more than once.
    The original collar looks quite course on your piece........ Any chance on better photos.

?

Hi,
    the problem is that this tunic became part of a theater and costumes store- so I do not know what is original.

e.g. shoilderboards had been added but in an absolutely wrong shape. You have civil buttons, pebbled buttons, imperial german buttons and Stahlhelbund buttons.

The collar has not been sewn on very well and you have severe creases in the fabric. It does not look very professional...
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture original collar cloth wanted for restoring a M1919 tunic (provisional Reichswehr)   original collar cloth wanted for restoring a M1919 tunic (provisional Reichswehr)  

original collar cloth wanted for restoring a M1919 tunic (provisional Reichswehr)   original collar cloth wanted for restoring a M1919 tunic (provisional Reichswehr)  

original collar cloth wanted for restoring a M1919 tunic (provisional Reichswehr)  

I think First easiest thing first is to start seaching new matching buttons set for tunic. It takes time.

Also look for correct infantry shoulderboard pics of original m1919 tunic. What they really look like. Or ask around.

Cloth. Exact 100years old fool color is next to imposible find. Ask textile restoration professional to make you new X colored fool for restoration. Then both cuffs and collar replacement is possible.
    But you also need to show correct color sample for them.

I also have repaired small things, but moth damage, missing and replacement cloth parts are beond my skill. Then look conservator, it cost, but then it is done properly and it will be decent.
    +paper it has repaired by professional.