Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here

Possible M35 Restoration

Article about: Hello, all! I have had this very pitted M35 in my collection for about a year now. The vent on the right side of the helmet is gone. I believe the inside paint to be original, but the outsid

Default Possible M35 Restoration

Hello, all!

I have had this very pitted M35 in my collection for about a year now. The vent on the right side of the helmet is gone. I believe the inside paint to be original, but the outside has been stripped and repainted.

I have decided that I want to try and restore it with a new liner, paint, helmet vent, and decals. I'm not sure how to go about finding what this specific helmet looked like, but I know there are places to do that. It's Quist size 64 with a batch number 234, if anybody has the means to research that or would like to.

I know where to get the liner, paint, and decals, but what to use to fill in the pitting is beyond me. if anyone could direct me towards solving this dilemma, it would be greatly appreciated.

Pictures Below:
    M35(1).pdf

M35(2).pdf

M35(3).pdf
    Last edited by MilitariaMan; 11-28-2022 at 12:38 AM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Possible M35 Restoration
    P
    Many

I have no idea why, but I cannot seem to attach photos like I was able to on my previous post despite using the same method, any help with that would also be appreciated.

Thank you.

We do not allow the use of outside photo hosting sites, nor, should you expect members to download your photos to see them.
    If you wish the members to help you, you need to upload the photos correctly.
    The following thread explains how to do this.
    Visual Guide to Upload Photos
    Ralph.

P.S. Moving your thread to the Restoration section of the forum.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Not sure if this get's through to anyone, but the method prescribed is not working. I have downloaded the photos as .pdfs, and have uploaded them using the proper method.

?

Quote by militariaman View Post
    not sure if this get's through to anyone, but the method prescribed is not working. I have downloaded the photos as .pdfs, and have uploaded them using the proper method.
    jpeg..
    I'd rather be A "RaD Man than a Mad Man "

Don't appear to be able to open the PDF's as they have been corrupted during the attaching to the post. Maybe you can email a moderator them instead, don't know if this is allowed?

MAP
    ?

As GWAR notes, upload them a jpgs.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

I attempted to submit them as .jpgs, and it did not seem to accept them as a legitimate form of submission. I'll just try to post something else later to check and see if I might just be stupid. I figured out what to use to patch the holes. I appreciate the advice with the .jpgs.

Thank you!