Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Preservation and storage of items.

Article about: Hello guys. This is my first time posting here, so I apologise if I'm not used to this website. I will be moving house in September, and will need to store my militaria for about 1 month. Th

Default Preservation and storage of items.

Hello guys. This is my first time posting here, so I apologise if I'm not used to this website.

I will be moving house in September, and will need to store my militaria for about 1 month. This normally wouldn't be too big of an issue, except for my situation.

I live in an incredibly hot and humid tropical country(right on the equator). The temperature ranges from 80-90 degrees Fahrenheit, and the humidity ranges from 80%-90%. As of right now, my military uniforms are stored in a room which is air conditioned 16 hours a day.

However, in the 1 month period in which I'm moving, I will NOT have any access to air-conditioning or dehumidifiers, thus I will have to find a way to store my clothes in this terrible weather. Luckily, it will be indoors(but it will not mitigate the high humidity and temperature). I am unable to find much help online, as all the tutorials are from people who live in colder and drier countries. Does anyone have any experience or tips for the packing, storing and handling on my uniforms? It would be much appreciated.

By the way, if this helps-My uniforms consist of Japanese tunics, coats, pants, caps etc. All world-war-2 era. Once again, thank you and much appreciated!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Preservation and storage of items.
    P
    Many

Forgot to add, here is my current plan:

1. Put silica gel packets inside the clothes before folding them.
    2. Wrap the clothes in acid free paper.
    3. Put the clothes into individual ziplock bags.
    4. Store the ziplog bags in a cardboard box. Seal tight.

Would this be a good idea, or am I ill-informed? Thank you!

I would also get some Enoz moth-tek packets from Amazon and put two packs in each bag.These packets kill everything and their larvae, I've been using them for years and I've never had a problem.And also the odor WILL NOT cling to your goodies. I wouldn't use cardboard boxes because sometimes little critters lay their eggs in between the two layers of cardboard.
    "Only a pimp in a Louisiana whore house carries a pearl handled revolver"
    - General George Smith Patton Jr.