Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Preserving a helmet.

Article about: Hi fellas. What is the best way to store and protect a helmet and liner? It is intact and in good condition. I want to ensure the leather doesn’t dry out. Thanks Rob

Default Preserving a helmet.

Hi fellas. What is the best way to store and protect a helmet and liner? It is intact and in good condition. I want to ensure the leather doesn’t dry out.

Thanks

Rob

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Preserving a helmet.
    P
    Many

Hi there. Generally if the helmet is kept in a stable climate and is already in decent condition then it should be fine as it is. If the leather is seriously dry there are various leather dressing products that can be used to hydrate it (do a search of the forum as I think there may be threads on this). Just bare in mind that if you do use a product on the liner it may discolour it permanently. All the best.

Hi mate,
    I have kept my M35 & M1 in a cupboard, away from sunlight & heat sources, for the last 20 years & they're exactly as they were when I bought them, no deterioration at all. An M16 & M56 I purchased over the past 5 years all live in the same cupboard, all placed 'lower/underside edge' down, occasionally I dust the outer shells lightly with a 'blusher brush', to keep the dust from building up, hope this is of help.
    Regards
    Paul