Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Ren wax, Yay or Nay

Article about: Greetings Guys, I would like to get some opinions on wether or not I should use Ren Wax on a leather chinstrap.It's still pliable and not dried out but it's kinda cracked and starting to dry

What you really need is a leather feed. Leather is an organic material and will break down over time. Leather feed allows the leather to be more supple, thus reduces cracking or breaking. There are numerous products available, however, I would suggest that you research it online and maybe try and find a leather restorer near where you live and ask what product they use.

I am very much of the “leave it alone” group, however, over 35 years of collecting I have noticed the leather items in my collection “deteriorating“ more than anything else. By deteriorating I mean that the leather has hardened, most likely down to atmospheric conditions and central heating. Once leather breaks it’s very difficult to make an invisible repair.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Ren wax, Yay or Nay
    P
    Many

Thank you everyone for your opinions,it looks like the neahs have it,so I'll leave it as is
    "Only a pimp in a Louisiana whore house carries a pearl handled revolver"
    - General George Smith Patton Jr.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2