Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Restoration of german hlemet, need help

Article about: My friend gave me a german helmet (m40 maybe, on inside it is written ET62 ) for my birthday. He painted a helmet in 1967, but not in original paint. I sent a helmet for blasting and i want

As shown above, the Vents of M40 and M42 where stamped, so there would be probably remains of that stamping.
    M35 had these Vents seperately installed, and they would leave no mark but a tiny hole inside in the Process.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Restoration of german hlemet, need help
    P
    Many

Quote by gabrich View Post
    I could buy air vents in e bay. German Helmet M35 air vents 2 pcs | eBay But can I install them? For example: i can drill those knots out and install air vents - but how? There are also different air vents for M40 and M35. It is odd, who would stick some iron after the war.. The most logical explanation must be that this is original series?
    Until you have removed the domed bolts, (you may be able to unscrew them with pliers) only then can you see the size of the hole left behind and whether replacement M35 vents can be fitted or whether the hole is now too large to fit the vents into. Interesting project.

Personally I would just remove those domed bolts and leave replacing the vents as this won't add any further value - they will always be "new" even if they look correct.

I will try to remove those bolts. Then I will humbly beg you guys to give me further tips.

A lot of effort. It might be better to just save up some money and purchase something better. NH

I like to put some effort. I like to do someting by myself

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2