Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Restoring dignity to a German M35

Article about: Hello friends, here I leave you the photos of the M35 helmet to which I have tried to restore its dignity. I found it as you see in the photos. I started with a stripper, removing the 4 or 5

Default Restoring dignity to a German M35

Hello friends, here I leave you the photos of the M35 helmet to which I have tried to restore its dignity. I found it as you see in the photos. I started with a stripper, removing the 4 or 5 layers it had, until I got to its original pea green. The bodybuilder paste had to be removed with a punch and a lot of patience. The sanded parts are oxidized with hydrogen peroxide, vinegar and salt.It had sanded areas (luckily not many), and the marks of the decals can be seen. A hull from the same batch as this one was delivered to the Kriegsmarine. The hull is an ET46 with batch number 4027. Luckily it retains almost all of its original paint, with some rust holes and chipped areas. But I think it's very good. The final photos are with Renaissance Wax on the helmet, but then I took it off, since in this case I didn't need it and it was better without it. I hope you like it, greetings.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Restoring dignity to a German M35   Restoring dignity to a German M35  

Restoring dignity to a German M35   Restoring dignity to a German M35  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Restoring dignity to a German M35
    P
    Many

Default Restoring dignity to a German M35

This photo was missing, but I made a new thread, I don't know how to delete it, sorry.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Restoring dignity to a German M35  

Any advice to improve the appearance of the part that I have oxidized? Thank you

I thought the small pictures at the bottom of #1 with the Heer decals was your restoration completed! I think a sympathetic restoration is better than fantasy Spanish Division decals. Good luck.

No, it's a Kriegsmarine helmet that I found on the internet and it belonged to the same batch. I'm not planning to put any fake decals on it, it's better to keep it that way, all original. I prefer that the marks of the original decals be seen. All the best