Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Romanian relic helmet with the copper cockade

Article about: Hello everyone, I bought a very rusty Romanian ww2 helmet with a copper king Carol the 2nd cockade. The helmet is incredibly rusty and under the cockade is rust. My first question is if I sh

Post Romanian relic helmet with the copper cockade

Hello everyone, I bought a very rusty Romanian ww2 helmet with a copper king Carol the 2nd cockade. The helmet is incredibly rusty and under the cockade is rust. My first question is if I should leave the rust under the cockade or carefully remove the cockade and remove the rust and put it back on. My second question is that the copper cockade has oxidized from being underground for a long time, I am wondering what I can use to return it to a copper look. I heard that ketchup can work but I am unsure. Thank you for taking the time to look at my question and I will post the helmet when I am done with it.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Romanian relic helmet with the copper cockade
    P
    Many

?

Seems like you've already made up your mind to dabble with it..
    I'd rather be A "RaD Man than a Mad Man "

MAP
    ?

Certainly, you should give us a photo first. Condition will determine what action should be taken.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Of course sorry about that, I know these helmets aren't too common and I am being careful about it. The photos are a bit blurry and the white stuff is oxidation, not snow camo. Romanian relic helmet with the copper cockade Romanian relic helmet with the copper cockade Romanian relic helmet with the copper cockade

?

Could you possibly show the entire piece ?

MAP
    ?

Quote by Gwar View Post
    Could you possibly show the entire piece ?
    I agree G. Definitely need to see the whole helmet. From this limited look, I would leave it just as is. Any attempt to do anything will probably ruin what is left and even if you do manage to clean it up a bit it will probably not match the rest of the helmet.

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Yup, leave it as it is, maybe (i have no experience with it) put renissance wax over it to stop any rust from spreading further. But definitly not more.

Forgive me again guys, I should've posted the whole helmet. This is one of the rougher helmets I have.

Romanian relic helmet with the copper cockadeRomanian relic helmet with the copper cockadeRomanian relic helmet with the copper cockadeRomanian relic helmet with the copper cockadeRomanian relic helmet with the copper cockade

?

Personally, I like it as is ! It has a unique look and quality about it, why would you risk harming a relic that has been there and done that ? I have done some research on this as it piqued my curiosity and these are some pics of a similar style helmet I believe I found on a helmet website. Take care , G
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Romanian relic helmet with the copper cockade   Romanian relic helmet with the copper cockade  

Romanian relic helmet with the copper cockade   Romanian relic helmet with the copper cockade  

MAP
    ?

Agree again with G. Leave it as is with a coat of renwax.