Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here

SE M40 - Paint/Decal from www.dday-1944.com

Article about: Hello everyone, Few months ago I posted a M40 Helmet which was restored (bad) and unfortunately destroyed any historical value as many members agreed. Also we came to the conclusion that is

Default SE M40 - Paint/Decal from www.dday-1944.com

Hello everyone,

Few months ago I posted a M40 Helmet which was restored (bad) and unfortunately destroyed any historical value as many members agreed. Also we came to the conclusion that is an SE Helmet. After i done some research I found the same specs (lot number 3891 SE64) but to a M35 DD Heer, so i decided to restore it as an SD Heer Rough Texture Green Gray(I think).

german helmet decals - www.dday-1944.com
    About paint: what is better to buy spary or can?(or I should buy extra aluminum oxide to accomplish that rough texture)
    Also, which color is better for an M40 SE... feldgrau '1940' (reissued), feldgrau 'aged' texture or 'exact color' or 'aged''exact color'

About Decal: because of various ET decal WH I am confused which one i better
    For example : early ET WH dark lines / clear lines
    ET WH dark lines /clear lines
    Also is the heer decal 'bigfoot' but I'm not making wrong was applied only in Quist helmets

Note! By restoring the Helmet I don't want to make it look like it came out of the factory but to have a more aged look

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SE M40 - Paint/Decal from www.dday-1944.com
    P
    Many

So, to clarify, you are taking a helmet you bought as already "restored", and are going to re-alter it a second time to what you found on the lot numbers sheet?

Hi Chriscy,
    Here's my one and only M35 SE that I posted on GHW2 a few years ago, it's what's termed an 'Overpaint', which was carried out due to the new regulations that came out in 1940, better camouflage, matt finish etc....hope this is of help to you
    Sorry, you do not have permission for that!
    Regards
    Paul

SE M40 - Paint/Decal from www.dday-1944.comSE M40 - Paint/Decal from www.dday-1944.com
    This is the Helmet I'm talking about...the information I got it from a PDF which I bought online the "GERMAN HELMET LOT NUMBERS 1935-1945 REVISION - 10" by Brian Ice

Hello Paul
    First of all i appreciate and thank you for your reply...I hope i didn't messed up for what thing I don't have permission?

Hi Chriscy,
    I'm a member of GHW2, I was signed in, there must be a block if you're not a member (you could join), I thought it might be of help to you
    Regards
    Paul