Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

WW2 "Rupert" Parachute Dummy Replica.

Article about: I bought this "Rupert" replica, as I can't afford thousands of £\\$'s on a genuine example (if you can get one ). Quite basic in design, it's made of Hessian sack material and is ab

The one on the far right (at 200ft) looks a right fat burgger

Is it me?

I wonder what was the size of the Parachute?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement WW2 "Rupert" Parachute Dummy Replica.
    P
    Many

Default Reshaped Head?

Well, I've got him back from the sewing type people, and they have reshaped his head..

But, I think it's now too small

I'm getting a bigger piece of burlap sack material, and I will get them to make his head better in size and shape.

It will do for now though
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture WW2 "Rupert" Parachute Dummy Replica.   WW2 "Rupert" Parachute Dummy Replica.  

WW2 "Rupert" Parachute Dummy Replica.   WW2 "Rupert" Parachute Dummy Replica.  

Finally got the picture I needed.

Just a simple loop, that slips under the top strip, that's already sewn onto the dummy.

So, I'll have to redo that strip, to make it look more accurate.

Many thanks to Ben Hill at A living history of The Parachute Regiment and Airborne Forces | ParaData
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture WW2 "Rupert" Parachute Dummy Replica.   WW2 "Rupert" Parachute Dummy Replica.  

This is an interesting topic Devil...

Nice to see that you have taken a very keen interest in this and your project is coming along nicely..

Best regards, stay safe

Smitty

It's been very interesting researching the "Para Dummies", and have had some really good help from different groups/people.

They are really very basic in construction, but as mine was a reproduction, it needed updating to a better standard.

One thing is the diameter of a real "Rupert" parachute is 10ft..

My one will not be getting a 10ft. parachute

Sorry "Rupert", but that's going a bit too far

?

what were the dummies filed with for the weight, that they needed to keep them head up in there descent?

?

Get him/her one of these.

WW2 "Rupert" Parachute Dummy Replica.

Don't think "Rupert" would be happy with a multi-coloured parachute..

"What were the dummies filled with for the weight?"

Sand/straw/wool..
    Last edited by The Devil's Bank; 12-24-2021 at 07:05 PM.

Well, I've just received "Rupert's" new parachute and it's 5ft in diameter.. (original one is 10ft).

Got it from China, it's well stitched and very sturdy, but the end "loop" is too big.

You can see the difference in the sizes of both the 'chutes, side by side. (bottom picture).

His "new" head is being sorted right now and then I'll sort out that "loop"..

Hopefully, he should be finished quite soon

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast