Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Is this zinc pest??

Article about: Hello, dear Forum Members! I’ve been wondering for a long time whether the badge presented below does not bear signs of the zinc pest. From what I know, this is a very destructive type of

Quote by Adrian View Post
    The last badge I treated, I coated the affected area in Vaseline and left a thick layer on it. I placed the badge in a glass and covered the glass with cling film and left it for three days. I put it in a glass to keep it from attracting dust and to stop the Vaseline getting everywhere. Then I got some soft paper towel and gently removed the Vaseline. No hard rubbing, just gentle wiping.

Thank You for Your reply!
    Would it be incorrect if I would preventively coated the entire badge?
    Kind regards

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Is this zinc pest??
    P
    Many

I normally apply a decent coat and leave for 48 hrs. Then, I use tissue and Q-tips to remove as much as possible until it does not leave a "shine" from the Vaseline.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Quote by Dovahkiin View Post
    Would it be incorrect if I would preventively coated the entire badge?
    Kind regards
    If the amount of zinc pest is quite a bit, cover the entire badge. If there are only small spots, sometimes I will apply liberally only to the spots.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Quote by rbminis View Post
    If the amount of zinc pest is quite a bit, cover the entire badge. If there are only small spots, sometimes I will apply liberally only to the spots.
    Ralph.
    In case of my ASA full covering probably would be better; I think it won’t hurt but maybe it can well preserve the rest of the surface

?

I usually just apply to the affected area. No point covering the whole badge in case the finish is fragile.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

I usually just apply to the affected area. No point covering the whole badge in case the finish is fragile.

So, If I may ask, what do You think about case of my badge - I think it’s covered more or less everywhere in zinc pest or it’s just this fragile coating at the bottom (around the bayonet and the granade). What should I do?
    Kind regards

?

I'd cover everywhere below the red line.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Is this zinc pest??  

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

Quote by Dovahkiin View Post
    So, If I may ask, what do You think about case of my badge - I think it’s covered more or less everywhere in zinc pest or it’s just this fragile coating at the bottom (around the bayonet and the granade). What should I do?
    Kind regards
    I'd cover everywhere below the red line.
    Thank You very much, I will do as You say
    Kind regards

Hello everyone!
    While preparing for the maintenance of my ASA, I wondered whether the same process would work in the case of other corrosion, e.g. rust or verdigris. I have two medals infected with this corrosion to such an extent that it is worth taking action to prevent the damage from getting worse.

What do you think about it?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Is this zinc pest??   Is this zinc pest??  

Is this zinc pest??  

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2