Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Each picture that I post is appearing upside down. How do I fix this?

Article about: Have tried different pics, all come through as upside down. Never had this problem before.

Default Each picture that I post is appearing upside down. How do I fix this?

Have tried different pics, all come through as upside down. Never had this problem before.

Phone or PC?
    If you are using a phone, there are already a few threads here with some answers from other members.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

?

If it is a cell phone then download them to your pc or laptop and edit the pics on the pc before uploading to the forum. If you just edit them on the phone and upload to the forum direct they tend to be sideways or upside down.

hvm
    ?

Really annoying. I have experienced this several times to. Even after editing on my pc. They should ad a rotate functionality in the image library of the forum or fix this bug.

I have found if you use an iPad or IPhone (I assume most smart phones are the same), take your photos with your device on its side (landscape) and your photos will be ok.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Each picture that I post is appearing upside down.  How do I fix this?  

Quote by hvm View Post
    Really annoying. I have experienced this several times to. Even after editing on my pc. They should ad a rotate functionality in the image library of the forum or fix this bug.
    I have been here for almost 10 years, and I have yet to have an issue uploading photos, and I have uploaded many.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

There is a issue that started around 3 or 4 years ago, around the time the up loader changed from unlimited pic uploads down to just ten at a time! it was a forum upgrade (downgrade) at the time.

Quote by rbminis View Post
    I have been here for almost 10 years, and I have yet to have an issue uploading photos, and I have uploaded many.
    Ralph.
    I too have uploaded probably 1000's of pictures from a PC and never had an issue. Only on the very few occasions when I have used a mobile phone have I had any orientation issue which has always been sorted by the means mentioned above.

It is not a "bug" in the forum software but the way the originating device presents an image to the forum software when uploading.

Regards

Mark
    "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing he cares more about than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature with no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."

Quote by reneblacky View Post
    There is a issue that started around 3 or 4 years ago, around the time the up loader changed from unlimited pic uploads down to just ten at a time! it was a forum upgrade (downgrade) at the time.
    I recall that but I can only upload one at a time, ten would be quite convenient

Regards

Mark
    "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing he cares more about than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature with no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."

I've always used a proper camera and several different models! and yes they post up side ways without cropping! never happened before the forum upgrade + it happens on all browsers too!
    Last edited by reneblacky; 12-22-2020 at 10:47 PM. Reason: added text

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast