Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Exclude forums for clean look

Article about: A small tutorial how to exclude forums , if some of them are no more interested you, or by some other reasons. Just follow this link: http://www.warrelics.eu/forum/profil...do=editoptions Or

Quote by CBH View Post
    I have never bought anything for Flea Bay, and never will.
    Why do the Admins post this junk????
    Because you and I are not the majority of this forum Chris.
    There are some good items that I was able to acquire from e-bay before I joined the forums.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Quote by CBH View Post
    I have never bought anything for Flea Bay, and never will.
    Why do the Admins post this junk????
    I don't understand it when we spend so much effort trying to fight the crap off. It just seems strange that as a community we all rail against the peddling of fraud and deception yet we open the door to the sellers of the very stuff we try to irradicate.

However, my point is that the facility exists in the General Settings page to exclude Ebay auctions so as not to be annoyed constantly by them but I find that it doesn't stay excluded for long and I have to constantly re-set the exclusion. It's like an annoying door to door salesman but at least when I kick his arse off my property the same one tends not to come back.

I object to subscribing members being harrassed in this way (never had it on other forum subscritions) but it doesn't look like we are going to get an answer does it?

Regards

Mark
    "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing he cares more about than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature with no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."

Quote by rbminis View Post
    Because you and I are not the majority of this forum Chris.
    There are some good items that I was able to acquire from e-bay before I joined the forums.
    Ralph.
    And so have I Ralph but the fact remains that it is an individual choice and if I want to look at Ebay I will I just don't want it filling up the new post feed here. As the choice to exclude exists in the forum settings I really think it should be a one time switch off/on .

Either way it would be nice to have the question answered.

Regards

Mark
    "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing he cares more about than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature with no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."

As I have excluded it from my new posts and Regular viewing, I don't even see them anymore. I really don't even pay attention to the New Forum Posts on the right side anymore.
    If they are still showing up for you, contact Dimas and see if there is anything he can do for you.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

CBH
    ?

It would be one thing if these e-bay listing where vetted in some way, but they are not.
    Does the Forum get payed to post these listings?

Quote by CBH View Post
    It would be one thing if these e-bay listing where vetted in some way, but they are not.
    How do I know?
    Are you concerned that you are not getting your share?

If it really bothers you, contact Dimas, I'm sure he has ALL of the answers.
    Ralph.

CBH
    ?

No , just trying to find out why it happens. The quests for truth I guess.

PS thanks for the advice.

Quote by CBH View Post
    Sorry Chris, I'm sure it is a software program that posts these items.
    I doubt that anyone in particular sifts through e-bay to post these.
    I believe that it was done to help collectors find items they are looking for. If you are interested in any of these, you can always post it for authentication.

I just sometimes get tired of all of the whining and complaining that goes on.
    Ralph.

CBH
    ?

No problem Ralph, this was in no way directed at you.
    Just wondering why it happens, that's all.
    All the best to you.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2