Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

How about a Forum Upgrade?

Article about: Just asking? I'm out of work so I can only pay an annual subscription

After being a "pinky" for 10 years, I guess I am allowed to put my 2c worth in?

I only have a few areas of personal concern. ...
    1) Multiple photo uploads - why are we only able to do one photo at a time?
    2) The 'black text on dark grey background' of the photo upload box is unreadable - need more contrast like this ( white on grey )
    3) YOUR OWN post is not visible to you in the 'New Posts' tab until someone comments on it.

Other than those middling issues, I have no problems - and I'm over 60 you know!!!!
    Dan
    Last edited by Danmark; 03-21-2021 at 03:35 AM.
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

Cheers all still needs an upgrade! lots of bugs but I'm not here to bug em all out!
    US militaria forum is much nicer now days!

Quote by reneblacky View Post
    Cheers all still needs an upgrade! lots of bugs but I'm not here to bug em all out!
    US militaria forum is much nicer now days!
    Don't "bug out" on us to the dark side Rene!!!!

Bump , when will this forum enter the 2nd decade of the 21st century ?
    The single photo load is a pain and I'm sure it prevents some people from posting or posting more frequently.

I agree with this and with Dan in post#11. Also, it is a bit irritating to get a notification telling you that you have just replied to another thread. If I forget things so quickly I would never get to the end of a sent..........
    "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing he cares more about than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature with no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."

?

How about a Forum Upgrade?How about a Forum Upgrade?lHow about a Forum Upgrade?

I am confused as to why people are on about 1 photo upload at a time? You do realise you can do multiple at once?

Quote by Jb4046 View Post
    How about a Forum Upgrade?How about a Forum Upgrade?lHow about a Forum Upgrade?

I am confused as to why people are on about 1 photo upload at a time? You do realise you can do multiple at once?

Hi John,

Thanks for the suggestion.

However, this has been an issue for a long time (years) and it affects members in all locations not just one country or area. It affects members with thousands of posts as well as new members so it is not a matter of unfamiliarity with the board. I am reasonably "computer literate" for one of my generation but this also affects members whose IT knowledge borders on the expert level and we all have the same problem. For my part when I upload images I do not get a screen like the one you show and can only add one image at a time so maybe we are all making the same error?
    I presume you are referring to the '+' button next to the 'Upload'? Whilst this does produce the screen you show and does work it amounts to pretty much the same as "one at a time" except that you only use the 'Upload' once. So, whilst that is marginally quicker than uploading at every addition it is a far cry from the "Ctrl + click" that exists on other programmes and which I am sure I recall we used to have here?

Regards

Mark
    "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing he cares more about than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature with no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."

?

I mean either way if it was instant or takes an extra 20/30 seconds I am not bothered as I am not pressed for time when making a forum post ( no one should in theory have let’s say 5 mins to make a thread OR ELSE ) So in any case I am neutral on this matter

well how about that! ....... never knew that feature existed!

Maybe the sticky " how to upload photos" needs to be clearer for us dummys?

Quote by Jb4046 View Post
    I mean either way if it was instant or takes an extra 20/30 seconds I am not bothered as I am not pressed for time when making a forum post ( no one should in theory have let’s say 5 mins to make a thread OR ELSE ) So in any case I am neutral on this matter
    Yes I agree and I have coped well enough with the 'one at a time' thing so for me it's not a time issue either but one of convenience versus irritation especially when the good old 'Ctrl + click function does exist in Windows

Best

Mark

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast