Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Post / Reply a thread, how to copy , paste, create

Article about: So, some peoples ask how to copy and paste with right mouse button? This is the WYSiWYG editor and it's allow you more than copy and paste. If you want to copy paste edited text, just click

?

Exclamation Post / Reply a thread, how to copy , paste, create

So, some peoples ask how to copy and paste with right mouse button?
    This is the WYSiWYG editor and it's allow you more than copy and paste. If you want to copy paste edited text, just click to the button in the right above corner and then at your choise you can do that similar as in your text editor. Another option if you have your own thumbnailed gallery and don't want to upload them directly to the forum you can just drag and drop them to the forum, just mark the thumbnails or pictures you want to post and move them with your mouse to the post/reply message window.

That's it.

DIMAS.....please keep in mind that I have never texted, much less used the right button on my mouse.

I used the left button to highlight the words in another member's post, then the right button to copy.

In the advanced reply "box" I clicked on "wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text", then used the right mouse button to paste.

PREVIEW POST gave me nothing like other members are doing. I experimented with putting [QUOTES] before and after the selected text to no avail.

Thank you for your reply....Doug

Quote by stakeside View Post
    DIMAS.....please keep in mind that I have never texted, much less used the right button on my mouse.

I used the left button to highlight the words in another member's post, then the right button to copy.

In the advanced reply "box" I clicked on "wrap
    tags around selected text", then used the right mouse button to paste.

PREVIEW POST gave me nothing like other members are doing. I experimented with putting [QUOTES] before and after the selected text to no avail.

Thank you for your reply....Doug
    Hello Doug,
    If I understand your request, you are asking how to provide a link to another thread in your reply?
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

RBMINIS.....Thank you for your reply. I am not computer savvy and as a senior citizen, I work slowly but methodically. However, I do not even know the correct terminology. I was in ALIKAT 's discussion about his beer stein. I wanted to quote MAP 's Wheel of Fortune in my reply and have it appear in that fancy "box" other members use. However, I only managed to cut and paste. Thanks, Doug.

AFTERTHOUGHT....just like the fancy box you used above to quote me. It took me a while to notice.

RBMINIS.....Thank you for your reply. I am not computer savvy and as a senior citizen, I work slowly but methodically. However, I do not even know the correct terminology. I was in ALIKAT 's discussion about his beer stein. I wanted to quote MAP 's Wheel of Fortune in my reply and have it appear in that fancy "box" other members use. However, I only managed to cut and paste. Thanks, Doug.

AFTERTHOUGHT....just like the fancy box you used above to quote me. It took me a while to notice.
    Hello Doug,
    If you look at the post you are referring to, you will notice below there are three tabs, (for me as a Moderator there are three, you may see only two), if you select the green "Quote" tab, you will see a reply box with that post's contents. If you type your answer below the one already existing and hit the "Post Quick Reply", you should get that quote in a box, and your reply. If you do not want to receive notification of another reply to that thread, you should hit "Go Advanced", and scroll down a little and you will see a box with a check mark in it beside "Subscribe to this thread and notify me of changes:", uncheck this box.
    Hope this helps,
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Quote by rbminis View Post
    Hello Doug,
    If you look at the post you are referring to, you will notice below there are three tabs, (for me as a Moderator there are three, you may see only two), if you select the green "Quote" tab, you will see a reply box with that post's contents. If you type your answer below the one already existing and hit the "Post Quick Reply", you should get that quote in a box, and your reply. If you do not want to receive notification of another reply to that thread, you should hit "Go Advanced", and scroll down a little and you will see a box with a check mark in it beside "Subscribe to this thread and notify me of changes:", uncheck this box.
    Hope this helps,
    Ralph.
    RBMINIS (Ralph).....I managed to pass the test for your first lesson. But how might I do the same if the person I would like to quote is several posts back or even on a different page ? ? ?

Thank you for your time and consideration......Doug.

RBMINIS (Ralph).....I managed to pass the test for your first lesson. But how might I do the same if the person I would like to quote is several posts back or even on a different page ? ? ?

Thank you for your time and consideration......Doug.
    Hello Doug,
    Happy to be able to help!
    If you know how to copy and paste, go to the post that you wish to quote. Hit the quote button and a new window will open up. Copy everything that is in that window, including the [Quote] brackets at the beginning and at the end. You can then go anywhere you wish and hit Reply. When the new window opens up, paste what you have copied, then type your reply below or after what you have pasted.
    If you have any more problems or questions, please feel free to contact me.
    Ralph

@RBMINIS (Ralph).......I did exactly what you said on thread PION RUK 1749 TAG ?.....and I passed my second test.

However, when I tried to cut and paste the same quote to this thread.....I FLUNKED ! ! !

@RBMINIS (Ralph).......I did exactly what you said on thread PION RUK 1749 TAG ?.....and I passed my second test.

However, when I tried to cut and paste the same quote to this thread.....I FLUNKED ! ! !
    If you have pasted it once, you may have to go to the quote and copy it again before pasting a second time.
    I suggest that if you are actually quoting someone, their name will show at the top of the quote, you don't need to put @.
    Ralph.

As long as you highlight the whole quote from the very beginning of the bracket to the last bracket.....then click copy ..you should be able to paste it multiple times since its still in that one quote or phrase is still in paste mode..until you decide to highlight copy and paste something else.

Best Larry
    Last edited by Larry C; 04-05-2018 at 09:38 PM.
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast