Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

USB microscopes

Article about: Just wondering what if any type of USB microscope people might be using, looking for a cheaper one if thats possible.

Quote by MAP View Post
    You must have a tripod. And ask the pros which type of macro lens works best with your camera bodt for what you want to photograph.
    Yes...Tell them you are photographing swazstika's up close & personal

MAP
    ?

Quote by real steel View Post
    Yes...Tell them you are photographing swazstika's up close & personal
    Lol....I actually brought in an panzer assualt badge when I was testing different lenses. Didn't hurt that one of the staff at the local camera store collects WW2 firearms
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Good advice thanks!

?

Never heard of a USB microscope before...I don't keep up with technology, I only upgraded from a flip phone last year. Very interesting stuff

Quote by Brig View Post
    I only upgraded from a flip phone last year. Very interesting stuff
    Likewise, I just use a good digital camera.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

The wife just got a USB microscope for looking at jewellery.
    I have not had a chance to play with it yet but from watching her, you can get some
    incredibly close (almost too close) images but it seems really hard to focus.
    gregM
    Live to ride -- Ride to live

I was addicted to the "Hokey-Pokey" but I've turned
    myself around.

Quote by Chopperman View Post
    The wife just got a USB microscope for looking at jewellery.
    I have not had a chance to play with it yet but from watching her, you can get some
    incredibly close (almost too close) images but it seems really hard to focus.
    Exactly what I found. I have one of those generic types you see on eBay / Amazon.
    It's useful for helmet decals, but for other photos a camera with macro function is preferable.
    Nick

I agree at times you do need better details of decals and paint that USB provide, buying for example to feel confident. Especially for selling to give the buyer the best photo evidence which will help the price if all ok.

Hello, a few years have passed. Any1 have updates on a good scope for now and 2022? I see now they have digital screens attached to them wow!
    Thanks

MAP
    ?

Quote by WW2headgearlover View Post
    Hello, a few years have passed. Any1 have updates on a good scope for now and 2022? I see now they have digital screens attached to them wow!
    Thanks
    I don't think much as really changed with the important attributes like magnification, resolution and pixel size. They do seem to have more bells and whistles. The magnification is still the same (the 1,000x claims are all digital and essentially just blown up). Resolutions is still pretty low as well as the mega pixel size. Maybe there are others that I'm not aware of.

I've stopped using mine because the software it came with was buggy and actually (I think) corrupted my Windows on my last computer.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast