Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

What is the best way to find the values of items in ones collection?

Article about: I have started to catalog my WW2 collection so that my heirs can more easily sell my stuff for a reasonable price after my demise. What is the best way to find the values.......websites sell

Fame at last!!
    "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing he cares more about than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature with no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."

I do like the "Collector Buddy" concept. I've never thought of that. That would be a good way to assure the family at least knows what they have based on the knowledge of someone you trust. Good idea!

At this point in my life, I personally don't see myself being able to sell off my collection piece by piece. I think that would just about kill me right there. I talk about my collection being an "investment", but my parents and now my husband always laugh, saying, "What investment? You're never going to sell it!" But I know everyone reaches a point in their life where they're willing to weed-out some of their collection, or just out-right sell it off. Then again, I don't have kids yet...I'm just hoping some offspring of mine will find the collection interesting. That's always been a big fear of mine, that I'll have kids that have not one ioda of interest in or respect of history. I keep telling my husband we need to have boys, with that being more likely for them to find the militaria collection interesting. Sure, I'm a girl that likes this stuff, but I don't come across that much.

...I think that’s just created a “Big Bang”-sequence girl-in-the-comic-book-store moment... :-)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2