Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

WRF security certificate invalid - site insecure

Article about: Been having trouble logging in last day or so, my browser says that this site is insecure, the security certificate being invalid amongst other things. Anyone else had problems?

Nick I'm using a Toshiba Satellite L755 with the outdated Windows 7. I got the PC from my friends daughter when I told him I was going to buy a PC. He had new hardrive put in it and updated it to Windows 10 before he gave it to me but a few weeks after I got it I had a problem with it and had to do a factory reset on it and that put it back into Windows 7. He told me that I was going to have problems eventually and not to use it for anything important bills, banking,etc.I tried to reupdate it but I'm very computer
    illiterate and my friend lives down in Kentucky so he can't redo it until he comes up to visit, so the problems started Friday, I'm writing this from my tablet.
    "Only a pimp in a Louisiana whore house carries a pearl handled revolver"
    - General George Smith Patton Jr.

That is an old laptop for sure - maybe it is time to purchase a new one if you have the funds.

Windows 7 went EOL at the beginning of 2020, so no more updates. When root certs change the updates are not pushed to older operating systems such as this.
    There may be other vulnerabilities too which are not being patched.

You can install Windows 10 like before, but if your friend cannot visit it is not worth paying anyone to do this.
    Cheaper (in the long run) to just buy a new laptop with Windows 10 installed.

When looking at laptops try to get a solid state drive (SSD) - this is like a super-charger for a laptop. It will run much faster
    Ensure the SSD is at least 200GB in size.
    Also ensure the laptop has at least 8GB of memory (RAM).
    The rest of the specifications will be down to your choice.

Good luck,
    Nick

I did chuck this up but 11 is near

Windows 7 to 10

Thank you for the help guys,I appreciate it

Quote by Jerry B View Post
    I only have this happening but on my phone, on my computer no problem
    same with me

I am using win10 and the web browser duck duck go....zero problems. Between MS and chrome browser the excess junk those browsers put on your computers causes too many issues. Was using chrome and got fed up with their spying and spam ad campaigns. they want to advertise on my machine, I want $ in return. I know thats not happening so....ppffft, they are no longer in use & my browsing is hidden from their prying spam eyes.

Now I'm getting your connection is not private on my tablet again, phone is still o.k.

Quote by SHEMP H View Post
    Now I'm getting your connection is not private on my tablet again, phone is still o.k.
    How old is the tablet? It is possible this is the same issue as with your laptop.
    The OS (Android / Apple iOS / Whatever) is no longer getting updates including the necessary root certs.
    Therefore, as the certificate chain is not fully trusted you get these warnings.

nick

Everything is o.k. now with my tablet.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2