MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here

Navy sailors cap.

Article about: Hi all, It’s my last cloth headgear I have in my collection. I found this one some years ago in Germany for 20 Euro. I never saw an other like this one on net ot by dealer. So I will appre

Default Navy sailors cap.

Hi all,
    It’s my last cloth headgear I have in my collection. I found this one some years ago in Germany for 20 Euro.
    I never saw an other like this one on net ot by dealer.
    So I will appreciate a lot your opinions and knowledge about it.
    Thanks fred
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Navy sailors cap.   Navy sailors cap.  

Navy sailors cap.   Navy sailors cap.  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Navy sailors cap.
    P
    Many

Dembel sailors cap, I put the date around late 1950s

Hi you don’t think it’s a WWII due the economic made?
    Fred

Fred,

Have to agree with some of the other comments. From my understanding Soviet WW2 visorless caps can present a challenge when trying to date them. Basically they didn't change much at after the war. Stayed with the same design and pattern. Because of that it makes them hard to date. I stay away from them because of this problem.

In my opinion not even sure it's a Dembel. I have several Dembel uniforms and visors. To my satisfaction this cap just isn't dressed up enough. But hey... could be wrong (Probably am). I get the feeling it's a 1950's -60's piece. I base this on the construction of the inner band, material and the star. I also have to admit I don't like the extra thread and wire attached to it. To me looks like someone tried to put it together.

Do you know the fleet or translation to the cap tally?

Gerry C.

From the Hot High Plains of the Midwest U.S.A.

Spenwil73,

Why do you think it's a Dembel?

Under the Red Star - Navy Caps

Btw, all those items coming from Germany for 20 euros are late postwar stuff. You really think they would have original WW2 period hats there?? Wishfull thinking!
    I know the vendors selling on the streets of Berlin for example....bought some hats myself there as well. The majority are nice and cheap, late Soviet Union period hats. This one starting the thread is from the Pacific Fleet btw. (ТИХООКЕАНСКИЙ ФЛОТ).

You can find originals of these caps that are tailor made pieces, not military issued ones. they are usually of thinner construction and their piping varies from thick to thin. in my opinion they are uglier than the military made pieces, not sure why sailors opted for this over an issued cap but I've always seen these described as "Dembel" because they are commonly found with fancy faux velvet linings (I've observed purple, red and blue)