Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Russian submarine and Ukraine Sea Guard badges

Article about: Hi I was wandering if anyone can tell me if there's are good. Are they genuine issue or are they definitely later copies? Many thanks for looking. I also have a Ukrainian Sea Guard badge. Do

A long time ago I bought a Soviet navy uniform from a Russian sailor. The uniform included a pin from the Soviet cruiser Kerch (Керчь).
    The uniform may have belonged to a crew member of the Soviet cruiser Kerch. This Kara class cruiser was part of the Russian Black Sea fleet until 2014.
    In April 2020 she was scrapped; Kara-class cruiser - Wikipedia .
    The pin is made of chromed and gold-plated metal with enamel. Unlike most Russian pins, the pin is beautifully finished.

Russian submarine and Ukraine Sea Guard badges

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Russian submarine and Ukraine Sea Guard badges
    P
    Many

Very nice badge. You are lucky. I've been looking at Russian badges and it's interesting to see the differences in detail between different makers. Some are very detailed like would expect from Moscow mint whilst I've noticed that the Pobeda types tend to be not so good. My friend who is in the RN saw my post the other day and showed me some of his. These he collected over a period of time from Russian seamen that he came into contact with. He has some from the 80s, 90s and 2000s. They are all pretty clean and the quality similar. The one difference is the detail between different make marked types. Some have the wrong nut for the badge - probably where the nut got lost. I'll ask him later if I can post a picture of one of his.

This is my navy friend's badge. He was in the navy contingent at Reforger 88. It is brass Pobeda make with the wrong nut. This is the same type of badge as one of mine.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Russian submarine and Ukraine Sea Guard badges   Russian submarine and Ukraine Sea Guard badges  

For comparison here are a few that I have. The commemorative / anniversary badges are some of the items I picked up when anything Soviet was of interest and there was not too much information around as to what they actually represented. Amongst these you can see representations of sub-polar, anti-submarine, fleets and individual classes/ships (Kalinnin atomic rocket cruiser) as well as KGB marine border guards. Included there are three anniversary academy badges from the MV Frunze Naval academy.

The "Long march" (sea service) badges are the sub and surface 1961 and 1976 patterns. I'm not sure about the one with the blue and white stripes but given the addition of the missile to the design and the appearance of the sub it is connected to the SSBM boats.
    In 1987 the design reverted to a the 1961 style but with the representation of a nuclear sub. At that time the regulations changed to confine the badge to senior personnel.
    Of the academy badges in the 2nd pic the submarine one is I believe a 30 year anniversary issue whilst the other two are merchant fleet (not quite the same distinction between military and civilian as in the West) seamanship and navigation academies respectively.

I hope these fuel your interest!

Regards

Mark

Russian submarine and Ukraine Sea Guard badgesRussian submarine and Ukraine Sea Guard badges
    "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing he cares more about than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature with no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."

Nice collection Mark.

Those are really nice. Lucky you

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2