MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here

Soviet navy dagger?

Article about: Hello I have this dagger my grandmother gave me, and I was wondering if anyone here could tell me more about it. Can and will provide more info regarding how she got it and more pictures if

Default Soviet navy dagger?

Hello

I have this dagger my grandmother gave me, and I was wondering if anyone here could tell me more about it.

Soviet navy dagger?

Can and will provide more info regarding how she got it and more pictures if anyone is interested.

Thank you.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Soviet navy dagger?
    P
    Many

Well it certainly isn't Soviet and I doubt it is Russian. I am using my mobile phone so can't see as much detail as I would like but I suggest it is actually Danish. Any more info and pics especially of markings would be very helpful.

Regards

Mark
    ps Nearly forgot, welcome to the forum
    "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing he cares more about than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature with no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."

?

By default, nothing Soviet can have a royal crown on it.
    Danish marine dagger.
    If you post better pictures, I can ask for you one of the most knowledgeable Danish collector.

So the story I got from my grandmother is that a soldier came to her and my grandfather seeking shelter, which he got. He then traded this dagger for a coat belonging to my grandfather, so he could escape. Thats what I've been told.

On the bottom side of the guard, it it inscribed with what appears to be the letter T and M.

Soviet navy dagger?Soviet navy dagger?Soviet navy dagger?Soviet navy dagger?Soviet navy dagger?Soviet navy dagger?Soviet navy dagger?Soviet navy dagger?Soviet navy dagger?Soviet navy dagger?Soviet navy dagger?Soviet navy dagger?

OK better pics. Still Danish but German made (blade at least), with that maker mark on the blade. That is the mark of Eickhorn in Solingen (not far from Dortmund) but the picture is reversed unless there is something very wrong with the mark!! Those scratches make authentication of the mark a bit difficult. They seem to be confined to that area of the blade, any thoughts on the cause? I couldn't comment on the engraved initials on the back of the scabbard but they seem to match the rest of the piece.

As to the story of the acquisition it would be useful to know; where, when and what nation / force the "soldier" was from?

Regards

Mark
    "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing he cares more about than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature with no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."

We reside in Norway, Møre og Romsdal county, city of Molde. The picture is reversed, yes. About the scratches, I believe it could just be from taking it in and out of the holster, not sure though. I will ask about more details regarding the dagger and the soldier once I speak to my grandmother.

?

OK, I have consulted my friend.
    This is a Norwegian-Swedish dagger. From the second half 19 century. The Danish marine daggers were always double-edged and without the anchor.

?

Cadet dagger, Norway, 1897 model.Soviet navy dagger?Soviet navy dagger?

MAP
    ?

Check out this link to match up the date to the maker mark.

Maker Marks
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Thank you all for the awesome help and information.