Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Adrian M15 - Green?

Article about: This is my latest Adrian. It is an 'as is' unmessed example I believe, with a named veteran's plate - my first. But what about the colour? The original blue can be seen underneath, but to me

Default Adrian M15 - Green?

This is my latest Adrian. It is an 'as is' unmessed example I believe, with a named veteran's plate - my first. But what about the colour? The original blue can be seen underneath, but to me the top coat is a green and not a dark blue.
    I know that some Adrians were painted green for later service, but this is not the more khaki green I've seen on the M26's. And what about the veteran's plate?
    Were some helmets painted green rather than dark blue at the end of WW1?
    Cheers,
    Tony
    Adrian M15 - Green?Adrian M15 - Green?Adrian M15 - Green?Adrian M15 - Green?

Very nice piece, don't be tempted to touch the paint it is fine as it is.

Don't worry, I wouldn't dream of interfering with the helmet's history! Actually I don't even clean my items now most of the time, I really like it when you can see that a helmet has come straight out of a barn where it has resided for the last few decades!
    Re the paint, I am sure that someone once told me that at the very end of the war some were painted green rather than dark blue. I am interested if anyone else has any information on this.
    Cheers,
    Tony

They were repainted for use during WW2.

It matches my WWII Adrian color. NH

Hello

Nice helmet. The color is Kaki and is the one used between the 2 WW.
    Even at the begining of WW2 some french troops were wearing it.

It isn't the "moutarde" color used by colonial troops as this one is more yellowish.

Nice set and nice veterant plate. The are not often named.

Bruno