Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Anybody ID this helmet net?

Article about: I thought it was French but not sure. TIA

Did I miss something?

Anyway, when I tried it on an M51, the clips seemed a bit too big and the overall fit was very sloppy. Thus my question.

Hello

french F1 helmet not Mle.1951.

Regards

Quote by Texengland View Post
    Did I miss something?
    Without Prejudice.

Yuuup!

TIA on the first post (which many especially non-native English speakers will not understand) then no acknowledgement by way of thanks for the help given in answering your question.

Unlike many forums we pride ourselves on basic manners here so anyone apparently lacking in that regard will usually have it pointed out.

Help and answers are given for the benefit of the originator and for that of our community as a whole but certainly not for that of the respondent(s).

By using basic courtesy one attracts a wealth of response in most cases. Otherwise one tends to get a lot of "Tumbleweed moments".

Just a thought

Regards

Mark
    "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing he cares more about than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature with no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."

Quote by reneblacky View Post
    Hehe Gary isn't Xmas yet!
    Bah Humbug!!
    "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing he cares more about than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature with no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."

Quote by Sleepwalker View Post
    Hello

Regards
    Sorry that the one I tried it, not sure why I typed M51??

Thumbs up

Quote by Watchdog View Post
    Without Prejudice.

Yuuup!

TIA on the first post (which many especially non-native English speakers will not understand) then no acknowledgement by way of thanks for the help given in answering your question.

Unlike many forums we pride ourselves on basic manners here so anyone apparently lacking in that regard will usually have it pointed out.

Help and answers are given for the benefit of the originator and for that of our community as a whole but certainly not for that of the respondent(s).

By using basic courtesy one attracts a wealth of response in most cases. Otherwise one tends to get a lot of "Tumbleweed moments".

Just a thought

Regards

Mark
    So the protocol is to provide thanks with every question and response in advance, or else receive snarky replies that clutter the thread as a way to ?????????

If that's the procedure here, then I'll run with it. Thank you for clearing that up

Quote by Sleepwalker View Post
    Hello

Regards
    M51 origin!

Hi there,

Yes that is nice. Of course it also fits on a TTA Mle.1951 or other helmets.

This Helmet-Net "Salade" was accepted in 1978 together with the Casque Mle.1978 F1 and gradually issued over the course of the 1980s.
    1 helmet and net were probably given out as a package.

When this Net was introduced, the TTA Mle1951 was already obsolete, but was probably still in use until the 1980s.
    So it cannot be ruled out that the net was also worn with it.

As far as I know, the F1 Net was subsequently replaced by a successor. Among other things, recognizable by the weight. F1 net from 1978 weighed 210 grams and the successor 300 grams.

Regards

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2