Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Austrian (Bundesheer ) M-58

Article about: This Austrian M-58 is a recent acquisition and will nicely fill a gap in my Euro-clones , Production of this helmet started in 1958 the helmet body is a 1959 dated rear seam swivel bale and

Right, good, all on the same page now. Bad news is I have *no idea* what is going on. I'll be as excited as you - if not more - to see a solution.

?

Sorry, forgot to mention that the colour of both the shell & liner seems to be the gray Bundesheer one. The cover is nice even if most of the grey dots have faded away.

?

A similar kind of liner that crossed my mind is a version for the Spanish M65 helmet.
    But with a leather cradle...

What we need here is a clear pictur, unobstructed, of the inside of the liner. Are those straps just overlapped, or fixed at the crossing point, and how are they secured to the liner band? The world must know.

?

Time to contact the seller for info & better photos, will do.

?

Here are better photographs of the interior of the liner. Now I'll leave you guys to give your impression. My humble guess is that perhaps it was a prototype part of upgrading the M58 helmet. They did try the German M1A1 system without a liner in heir M58 shell as an example.

I've also asked the owner/seller if he knew anything about it.
    I was myself thinking of getting it, sadly the seller doesn't ship outside of Europe.

Hello.

you can check the liner to see what markings are there and possibly send a picture.

The shell is from 1968

Regards

?

I've questioned & asked photos a few times (in German with the help of Google) from the seller of the helmet. By the way this fine gentleman always answered quickly & to the best of his knowledge. This is why I'm pleased to post the link for his helmet. Stahlhelm /Gefechtshelm Bundesheer Osterreich | eBay Who knows, maybe one of you could be interested. Unfortunately there is no markings or stamp to be seen in the liner. But a clear stamp inside the shell was sent.

Quote by Jack59 View Post
    My humble guess is that perhaps it was a prototype part of upgrading the M58 helmet. They did try the German M1A1 system without a liner in heir M58 shell as an example.

I was myself thinking of getting it, sadly the seller doesn't ship outside of Europe.
    Well, that's good, and very interesting indeed. I am somewhat sceptical of it being a test liner as it is so obviously inferior to both the Riddell-type of the M58 and that of the M75 - just TOO simple.

I'd be inclined to buy this pretty much instantly except for A/ he probably won't sell to British Isles either and B/ its pretty damned expensive, a lot for curiosity sake, even when it is a helmet model I'm really interested in.

Thanks for organising the pics, anyway, all knowledge is good.

I think the helmet has been refurbished. The plastic shell is scratched, but the liner straps are new.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast