Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Austrian M75 helmet covers

Article about: Hey all, I'm looking for some more info about the helmet covers the Austrians used on their M75 helmets. My main collection is European clones of the M1 helmet, as well as M1s used by Europe

Default Austrian M75 helmet covers

Hey all, I'm looking for some more info about the helmet covers the Austrians used on their M75 helmets.
    My main collection is European clones of the M1 helmet, as well as M1s used by European countries.
    Recently got two M75s, one is a U-SCH-76, the other is a -82.
    I'm now going through and trying to get the accompanying nets/camo covers that go with these helmets.
    I have not really seen much info about the helmet covers used by the Austrians on their M75s.
    All I know is that they were usually field-made from camo zelts.
    If anyone has more information about them, I would love to see it

I am also having a hard time getting my hands on one.
    Anyone know where I could possibly find a cover?

Thanks!

outside my area, but if you need a net you can get one here. The site is actually New Zealand seller I frequent regularly.

Austrian Army Helmet Net Cover - Army & Outdoors Australia

?

They are a great seller aren't they.
    Got some Austrian "Pea dot" jackets from them.
    I've seen very little Austrian stuff from the 70's online,let alone helmet covers.
    Hope you find some Miljac.
    Last edited by Kateri; 11-11-2020 at 06:31 AM.

Depends where are you from? So I can recommended some options for you.

Mostly what I have seen and can confirm that the Austrian euroclones mostly were equipped with net for camouflage.

Location (country) always helps......

I’m in the U.S.
    Already have the nets, It’s just that I have multiple M.75s and wanted to have some variation in my display.

I am not familiar with other kinds of covers than nets, however euroclones are not my field of interest. Maybe the best solution is to check on Austrian/German sites, but often they do not ship worldwide.

Good luck!

Miljac as you reside in the United States you might want to look closer to home for covers ,My first m75 example came with a rapid deployment cover fitted ,i know West German Bundeswehr soldiers would do trades for such helmet covers from other NATO contingents when they were on joint exercise so it is quite possible the Austrian armed forces did similar trades perhaps when cooperating closely with NATO Austrian M75 helmet covers
    Regards James

But didn't miljac want the authentic Austrian cover? At least I have understand so.

Many NATO countries used US covers on their M1 clones, like the Dutch for example, but you can always go further and find original Dutch DPM.

Regards,

Interesting... I know that there were a few European NATO countries that used American camo patterns and covers. I have a Dutch M53 that has a nice ERDL cover on it. I like the classic dutch burlap cover better though

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast