Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

belgium m71 parachutist helmet

Article about: Could it be that the Belgians simply wanted the best of both worlds with the W German M1A1 Para shell being superior to the French F1 Shell and the French F1 liner being more to their liking

Default belgium m71 parachutist helmet

Hi guys i just thought I'd share my latest lid ,it's got the 2nd pattern jigsaw cammo cover and french f1 style liner etc, it also has faded scribblings here and there belgium m71 parachutist helmetbelgium m71 parachutist helmetbelgium m71 parachutist helmetbelgium m71 parachutist helmetbelgium m71 parachutist helmet
    Last edited by James C; 11-03-2020 at 07:17 PM.

Default Re: belgium m71 parachutist helmet

Another great looking lid James. I have been watching one of these on eBay, for the past week, and believe it or not, just won it about an hour ago. Does not have the camo or band however, as yours does, I will have to keep an eye out for those pieces to finish it up correctly. The shell of the Belgian M71 I believer are West German M1A1 LL Paratrooper helmets, with the French F1 liner system as you stated. I'll post when I rec'ved it, along with a few others we've added to the kids collection.

Russ

Great stuff Russ we must have the same taste in lids, i don't think you will be disappointed ,post a pic on this thread when it arrives as it would be great for comparison ,quite a diminutive size shell when compared to the US M1
    Last edited by James C; 11-03-2020 at 07:23 PM.

Will do James, just paid for it this morning so hopefully we will see it by early next week, it is shipping from here in the states. Kid does not know about this one, will be a suprise. Also have 2 Bulgarian M36's, that he is unaware of, waiting for us at the post office, as I type. We should have those in our hot little hands in the next few hours. I'll post them all, along with some other great finds we've stumbled across, once the new M71 arrives.

I will look forward to seeing pictures of these lids Russ .Can i ask what type and era the M36 pairing are Russ as i have an early Type C
    Last edited by James C; 11-03-2020 at 08:29 PM.

?

Nice to see someone give some love to these under-appreciated helmets! I am in love with the camo cover.

Nitram

We have a Type B on the shelf now and a Type A and Type C sitting in a box at the post office. He was talking about M36's a few months back so I though I'd suprise him with one and after doing a bit of research on them, decided to get one of each type.
    Last edited by MySonsDad; 04-24-2012 at 12:48 PM.

Very nice Russ and thanks Nitram ,i was pleased to add this example
    Last edited by James C; 11-03-2020 at 07:28 PM.

These are the closest reference pictures i could find online with similar covers belgium m71 parachutist helmetbelgium m71 parachutist helmet
    Last edited by James C; 11-03-2020 at 07:33 PM.

I was considering purchasing the lower pictured M71 and might regret getting the one we just got instead of that nice camo and banded one. He's got a couple other helmets I'd like to have as well. Oh and the M36's have arrived!

Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast