Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Berlin Police Helmet M1951 strange rough paint

Article about: Hello every one! I'd like your opinion about this nice M40/51 of Berlin Police. I has all the stamps inside the liner, but the liner looks very new. The helmet is painted green/olive as for

Default Berlin Police Helmet M1951 strange rough paint

Hello every one!
    I'd like your opinion about this nice M40/51 of Berlin Police.
    I has all the stamps inside the liner, but the liner looks very new.
    The helmet is painted green/olive as for the first type of helmet before they became gray... but it has a rough paint while usually police helmets are glossy.
    Is it a WW2 helmet repainted by PPB? The maker in fact is Quist, but I have some doubt that the maker could have been faked, it looks like it is pressed only on the paint, maybe it is only an impression...

Did Berlin Police ever use rough paint?

Thank you!

Attached Images Attached Images Berlin Police Helmet M1951 strange rough paint 

Hello,

the first model of the Berlin police after the Second World War. The paint is normal. Unfortunately, the cellular rubber lining has torn out on the inside.

The shells and the inner helmets were newly manufactured after 1945. The shells are very similar to the shells that were exported from Germany to Finland in the 1950s.

I also have 4-5 of these helmets. I know 3 manufacturers for the inner lining. Wunderlich Berlin, C. Riese Berlin and Larsen Berlin. Larsen chin straps are also stamped with manufacturer. Depending on the year of manufacture (1953 - 1955) there are still variants.

Regards

Thank you very much for your opinion! So a good example to have!

Very nice excample you have! The stamp in the color is very interesting. I know these helmets with rough paint only "without" the Q64 stamp. I have a helmet of the "Berliner Bereitschaftspolizei" with a "Q64" stamp, but this helmet has a smoth paint.

Kind regards
    Basti

Quote by ogpsycho View Post
    Very nice excample you have! The stamp in the color is very interesting. I know these helmets with rough paint only "without" the Q64 stamp. I have a helmet of the "Berliner Bereitschaftspolizei" with a "Q64" stamp, but this helmet has a smoth paint.

Kind regards
    Basti
    Thank you for your reply! I was curious about the rough paint, btw I like the shape of the helmet because the curve of the lower part is more marked then LS helmets and WW2 helmets

I made a red line on the picture to show what I mean

Hello,

this is completely normal.

The Berlin police also had rough-painted helmets made by Quist.
    The shape of the neck guard is also typical.

Regards

I have also a Quist helmet from Hamburg and Bremen without the Q stamp, but you can clearly see, these helmets was made by Quist.
    What I have never seen is a helmet from Berlin with the rought paint with the Q64 stamp. The one from Stationmaster ist the first for my.
    @Sleepwalker if you have another one, can you post a picture?

Kind regards

Hello,

yes, if I have time I'll roll up the subject of these police helmets from Berlin.

Regards

@stationmaster: the chin strap have a manufacturer? Could you post another picture of the top of the chin strap?

regards

Quote by Sleepwalker View Post
    @stationmaster: the chin strap have a manufacturer? Could you post another picture of the top of the chin strap?

regards
    Unfortunatly the helmet is sold

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast