Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

British Helmet "involved" in the Middle East conflict ?

Article about: Hi, mates, Quite a while ago I received a box full with helmets, among all that stuff this, british, helmet. Is this an R.A.C. (Royal Armoured Corps) Mk.II ??? It seems, this, particular, li

Default British Helmet "involved" in the Middle East conflict ?

Hi, mates,

Quite a while ago I received a box full with helmets, among all that stuff this, british, helmet.
    Is this an R.A.C. (Royal Armoured Corps) Mk.II ???

It seems, this, particular, lid saw action after the 2nd WW in the Middle East conflict ...

Any comments, (further informations), regarding this helmet ?

Thx. in advance,
    R.
    British Helmet "involved" in the Middle East conflict ?British Helmet "involved" in the Middle East conflict ?British Helmet "involved" in the Middle East conflict ?British Helmet "involved" in the Middle East conflict ?British Helmet "involved" in the Middle East conflict ?British Helmet "involved" in the Middle East conflict ?British Helmet "involved" in the Middle East conflict ?British Helmet "involved" in the Middle East conflict ?British Helmet "involved" in the Middle East conflict ?

It is a HSRAC Mk2, as you believe. It is entirely possible that it might have been used during one of the many unfortunarte Middle Eastern conflicts. The UK had a lot of presence in that area both during and after WW2 (and then there was that illustrious Suez adventure...) and considerable amounts of material was forgoten, given or sold to local militaries when the British departed. There were close relationships with Jordan and Egypt, for example, and the Israelis used whatever they could find irrespective of origin. So quite possible.

?

Is it the writing in this image that leads you to the Middle East?

Quote by Reibert View Post
    British Helmet "involved" in the Middle East conflict ?
    This looks like Hebrew and I believe says 'Maon' which is a family name. This would point to Israeli use, although the CGSN is odd and I can't make out the two letter on the left, but I don't think they are Hebrew.

Lots of hypothetical scenarios, but that makes it a bit more interesting for me personally as Arab/Israeli wars are where I tend to focus my collecting.

Steve.

Thx. a lot mates, for all the informations !