Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Bulgarian Helmet M36

Article about: How to know this is WW2 or post war:

very nice uniform srb these are quite expensive to buy here in the uk ,great example battlegear

This is possibly a good - if perhaps late - time to mention that useful knowledge on these Bulgar helmets can be had from Bulgarian helmetcollector Ted Muhovski's webpages here - Bulgarian Helmtes' History . Ted seems to have dropped off the radar in recent years but his site still exists and is one I find very useful. Ted was a nice guy and I would be happy to see him more active again.

These M36 helmets were once plentiful on Ebay and the like, both in original and refurbished form. Now, not so much, though I have noticed a bit of a resurgence in recent months. I rather wish I had bought a lot more when they were cheap and easy, but stuck at the basic one-of-each level. Never assume that an apparent glut will last for ever!

Default Bulgarian soldiers during training in 1962

they appear to be wearing the model M51 steel helmet with gas masks in this 1962 photo.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Bulgarian Helmet M36  

Superb referance picture Battlegear as always and thank you for sharing ,What i find of interest is the the gas mask looks in the same configuration as the East German SchMs 62

Quote by James C View Post
    Superb referance picture Battlegear as always and thank you for sharing ,What i find of interest is the the gas mask looks in the same configuration as the East German SchMs 62
    I think it could be the same gas mask used by East Germany, the Com Bloc countries often used gear mfg by another Com Bloc , makes it easier to supply when they use the same system or other gear thats compatible with their own.

Bulgarian M36 in period photo probably during cold war era?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Bulgarian Helmet M36  

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3