Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Camouflaged early M56

Article about: Hey all, Recently purchased this, a camo M56, early model with later refurbished liner. It is marked: 8 66 Which as far as I know, means August 1966. Thought I don't know what the F on the l

Default Camouflaged early M56

Hey all,

Recently purchased this, a camo M56, early model with later refurbished liner.
    It is marked:

Which as far as I know, means August 1966.
    Thought I don't know what the F on the liner means.
    Still in great but very well used condition.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Camouflaged early M56   Camouflaged early M56  

Camouflaged early M56   Camouflaged early M56  

Camouflaged early M56   Camouflaged early M56  

I was looking at its twin a minute or so ago in the German helmet forum, and neither of them convince me that it is a genuine camo job. The 'F' on the liner is probably someone's initial.

Nice helmet Justaguy but no idea on the liner marking I'm afraid ,I can't bring to mind seeing any DDR used m56 helmets with this paint covering but have seen a couple of helmet examples with a similar style paint scheme in this fashion and those were examples used by some states of the former Yugoslavia like Croatia for example during the 1990's early 2000's so although just my opinion you might want to think along those lines if you carry out any further research on this examples history
    Regards James

Yes, was advertised aswell as a 1990's-2000's Yugoslavian used M56.
    And i am very much aware of this, but it just adds value to me as it is a genuine war-time used helmet.

sure, it isn't Vietnam-war used as it is now in a VC display.. but still, a wartime camo M56? i'll gladly take one