Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here

China : 2 x G80 (A)

Article about: good evening everyone, presentation of a modern helmet, quite difficult to find, used by the Chinese forces, the model G80(A). It is manufactured from 1969 and used from the 70s to the 90s.

Default China : 2 x G80 (A)

good evening everyone,

presentation of a modern helmet, quite difficult to find, used by the Chinese forces, the model G80(A).
    It is manufactured from 1969 and used from the 70s to the 90s.
    It was replaced by the JK96 model.
    Here are 2 models which differ by their chinstrap and the presence of a pad on the second model.
    The chin strap of the second model has a chin strap and is perhaps intended for airborne troops...early model? It looks like the one that equips the paratrooper helmet, the G82 FT, used from 1982.

China  : 2 x G80 (A)
    China  : 2 x G80 (A) China  : 2 x G80 (A)

Very nice pairing and thanks for sharing ,here is my earlier GK80 AChina  : 2 x G80 (A)
    Regards James

It's awesome ! one of the first reversible helmet covers with two color dominance.

they also used these during the SINO VIETNAM WAR in the late 1970's
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture China  : 2 x G80 (A)   China  : 2 x G80 (A)  

Superb Pictures BG, thanks for sharing
    Regards James

Good evening ,
    beautiful color illustration ...this is the early model of the G80A helmet with a 2-point chinstrap.
    It should not be confused with the G80B model, intended for export and which has retained the chinstrap with 2 attachment points. The differences are in the shape of the helmet (shorter visor...)

Great examples!
    As far as I know, the paratroopers of the PLA don't use GK80A as their helmet. Instead, they use other helmets made of fiberglass. GK80A was the 90s' design, it's hard to say, whether the Y chin strap is a good design, since most Chinese find it uncomfortable. Moreover, GK80s were meant to design for Albanians, so the shape of the helmet doesn't fit well with Asians. Many of my friends from China complain about this to me.

as indicated, the ALP paratroopers have been equipped with the fiber G82-FT model since 1982.
    I don't know what model they wore before...

1965 Airborne Helmet of the Chinese People's Liberation Army

Link to helmet: 中国人民解放军1965年式空降兵头盔鉴 _头盔军靴_战甲军品资料网

Chinese to English(Google translate):
    The 1965-style airborne helmet is a new type of umbrella helmet that our airborne soldiers changed at the same time when the 1965-style military uniform was changed. Its appearance is similar to the later GK80 steel helmet, but the sides of the umbrella helmet are relatively steep. The entire paratrooper helmet is made of glass fiber reinforced plastic, which is light in weight and good in service. The helmet is mainly used for bumping. There are leather linings and leather sweat rings in the helmet. The ear protectors are made of cotton with an opening on each side to provide warmth for the paratroopers in winter, and at the same time, they can also provide certain protection for the paratroopers during skydiving.
    Last edited by Estonian; 08-20-2022 at 01:18 PM.

My GK 80A pairing ,the shells although showing the same profile have very small differences possibly due to different manufacturers China  : 2 x G80 (A)China  : 2 x G80 (A)China  : 2 x G80 (A)
    Regards James