Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here

Chinese "GK-80" "Riot Control" ? ...

Article about: Hi mates, in this thread: https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/balli...helmet-818210/ I showed you a Chinese M65 / GK82 FT Para Helmet. Today I happened to dig out another Chinese helmet in one of

Question Chinese "GK-80" "Riot Control" ? ...

Hi mates,

in this thread:
    Chinese "M65" / "GK82 FT" Para Helmet

I showed you a Chinese "M65" / "GK82 FT" Para Helmet.

Today I happened to dig out another Chinese helmet in one of my boxes.
    I don't know exactly which helmet this is.

According to my information, this is a "GK80" / "GK-80" "Tactical Training Helmet" or "Anti Riot Helmet" of the Chinese police, manufactured by JIN GDONG, I suspect in 1989.

See this page:
    Steel Helmets of the world

Since the forum search has only been accessible to certain "paying" forum members for some time now, I have not yet been able to find a comparable helmet in one of the many threads here in the forum...

I would be happy to receive further information about this helmet model.
    Thanks in advance,

Ro

Chinese "GK-80" "Riot Control" ? ...Chinese "GK-80" "Riot Control" ? ...Chinese "GK-80" "Riot Control" ? ...Chinese "GK-80" "Riot Control" ? ...Chinese "GK-80" "Riot Control" ? ...Chinese "GK-80" "Riot Control" ? ...Chinese "GK-80" "Riot Control" ? ...Chinese "GK-80" "Riot Control" ? ...Chinese "GK-80" "Riot Control" ? ...Chinese "GK-80" "Riot Control" ? ...

Here´re some more detailed shots of the helmet:

Chinese "GK-80" "Riot Control" ? ...Chinese "GK-80" "Riot Control" ? ...Chinese "GK-80" "Riot Control" ? ...Chinese "GK-80" "Riot Control" ? ...Chinese "GK-80" "Riot Control" ? ...Chinese "GK-80" "Riot Control" ? ...Chinese "GK-80" "Riot Control" ? ...Chinese "GK-80" "Riot Control" ? ...Chinese "GK-80" "Riot Control" ? ...Chinese "GK-80" "Riot Control" ? ...

Really liking the paint scheme on this later production run model GK 80
    Regards James

Thumbs up

cool varient of the Chinese GK80 , it's interesting with the extra markings!

?

Just in case you did not take a look yet:
    China policía

China policía

Hi, Jack,

Yes, I know this site.
    The helmet shown there differs in details from mine.

Hello, Reibert. I'm pretty sure this helmet has nothing to do with the year 1989. The information on the label literally means: "Qualified, Execute standard GB no. GB 2811-89, Product Type JD-A1, Jingdong Fiberglass factory, at the suburb of City Nanchang". GB stands for "国标Guo Biao," a national standard in PR China, similar to the German DIN.

This helmet could be seen as an early product of Jingdong since the oldest product I could find on their website is Type JD-A6 (the entire series that looks similar to GK 80A is called type A in Jingdong). However, it would not be dated from the 1990s since the earliest foundation record can be traced to this company in 1993. You may access the website through this link if it is still available. 江西京东警用装备有限公司

These helmets were sold to civilians and bought by police units in some places. Similar helmets like this one are still available and cheap in China, but an exact one like this could be hard to find since the liner design has already been phased out and replaced with other advanced types.

Regard.

?

Reibert,

I can't help with the helmet but you can search the site via a Google search. In Google just type war relics forum followed by what you want to find and it should bring up any relevant posts.

Alex