Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Combat Helmet of South Africa

Article about: I have searched the Steel Helmet forum looking to tag onto an existing thread on the subject with no luck so decided to start a thread off This type is known as the Staaldak Helmet and was u

Very nice James Mate

Now I'm getting very confused.....Compo's in "World STEEL helmets"??!! Whatever next? Brit Home Front lids in Einkrossenmitrubysundgranola ? this is how it all starts...the thin end of the wedge, the rumble before the total collapse of civilisation as we know it!! We've got RULES...and without rules, where would we be? [classic Al Murray line which can't be finished here!] no caring about other people and nations? partying whilst others cower in their homes? enjoying the fruits of other countries without caring about the evils being transported with us? fixing the outcome of democratic elections to ensure the outcome WE want rather than a FAIR one? poisoning those who stand up to evil? taking advantage of the kindness of others to grab benefits which aren't an entitlement? lying to heath agencies who's only role is to protect our fellow men? creeping through bordering states to get around sanctions in place to serve us all? having numerous friends and family into our houses based on the highly unscientific theory that "well, they won't have it will they"?.....but hey, if you can't beat 'em....here's my contribution to the global chaos...a Compo in a Steelie Thread.....

Combat Helmet of South AfricaCombat Helmet of South Africa

sorry to those who dislike covers...but we've seen "naked" '87s already...and an '87 is an '87 right? :-)

Hey ya can chuck in a button or two too. "Combat Helmets" works for me, but I guess compo's are pink.
    Last edited by reneblacky; 08-24-2020 at 08:54 AM. Reason: added pic

Love that SA 2000 cover Ade ,still one i am yet to add to the pile ,My M87 is the Saphi export version which has a simplified chinstrap with no fastener but i do notice yours has the push clip fastener and wonder if these were copies of the Israeli 201 chinstrap clip fasteners or were original Israeli parts used ,from memory i am sure my Rabintex Orlite push clips have Hebrew Markings though
    Regards James

Thanks James.....I’ll have a closer look at the clip and come back

Picked up this M87 SADF 2000 cover and similar in construction to the SA export desert cover Combat Helmet of South AfricaCombat Helmet of South AfricaCombat Helmet of South AfricaCombat Helmet of South AfricaCombat Helmet of South Africa
    Regards James

That Choc Chip is nice

...every day’s a school day!

Here's the clip JC....no markings that I can see

Combat Helmet of South AfricaCombat Helmet of South Africa

Thanks for the close up pictures of the catch Ade
    Regards James

.....a recent addition....'couldn't resist the net/hessian combo. All I need now is a Fuch liner?????

Combat Helmet of South AfricaCombat Helmet of South AfricaCombat Helmet of South Africa

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast