Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Combat Helmet of South Africa

Article about: I have searched the Steel Helmet forum looking to tag onto an existing thread on the subject with no luck so decided to start a thread off This type is known as the Staaldak Helmet and was u

It’s always great to find something that retrospectively justifies a purchase! :-)

Noticed on further inspection under different light conditions the liner has a letter C remnant stencil to the front for some reasonCombat Helmet of South Africa
    Regards James

Made a field repair to the missing chinstrap section fashioning a J hook to complete this recent M63 Otan pick up ,also added a section of Rhodesian camo material to make a reasonable enough cover for display purposesCombat Helmet of South AfricaCombat Helmet of South AfricaCombat Helmet of South AfricaCombat Helmet of South Africa
    Regards James

Two Variations of the South African Special Forces Brigade Recces camo ,as far as i know the inspiration of this design of the camo pattern for the helmet Covers was based off the pattern on the SAAF Mirage Fighter Jets Combat Helmet of South AfricaCombat Helmet of South AfricaCombat Helmet of South AfricaCombat Helmet of South AfricaCombat Helmet of South Africa
    Last edited by James C; 01-21-2021 at 05:37 PM.
    Regards James

Nice, never seen these before! what helmets are these on?

West German Para helmets Rene'Combat Helmet of South Africa
    Regards James

Rene' here is a link to an example posted on Brendon's helmets explaining in better detail South Africa M71 Airborne - Brendon's Helmets
    Regards James

On a side note another camouflage which i believe was used by 32 Battalion of the South African Army is Portuguese lizard patternCombat Helmet of South Africa
    Regards James

Added an SA m87 to the pile Combat Helmet of South AfricaCombat Helmet of South AfricaCombat Helmet of South AfricaCombat Helmet of South Africa
    Regards James

Nice one James! I'd be lucky to score one of these!

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast