MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here

Danish Civil Defence M-48

Article about: Hi, Fellow collectors. Here's a Danish Civil Defence M-48 from my collection, no names to identify the original owner,other than a number in the sweatband unfortunately. There is a set of st

?

Default Danish Civil Defence M-48

Hi, Fellow collectors.

Here's a Danish Civil Defence M-48 from my collection, no names to identify the original owner,other than a number in the sweatband unfortunately.

There is a set of stamped numbers in the inside rim of the shell.

Nothing rare or spectacular, but hopefully you will agree a good example of this CD version of the venerable Danish M-48.

Thanks for looking and as ever I welcome your comments.

Default Re: Danish Civil Defence M-48

Opex did the reddish resin liner come before this type?also when did the Austrians supply the shell and Denmark produced there own liners?nice lid too.........Jake.

?

Quote by ruddersrangers44 View Post
    Opex did the reddish resin liner come before this type?also when did the Austrians supply the shell and Denmark produced there own liners?nice lid too.........Jake.

Hi Jake,many thanks for looking,and for the compliment.

In answer to your question,yes you are right, here's an earlier version of the M-48 with the fabric US style liner, which was issued prior to the resin liner.

I believe the Austrian started production of the shell in 1958,and Denmark 1948,but there is some confusion on my part,who produced what and when, as some Danish shells were produced in Austia????

Hopefully the Austrian and Danish collectors here will be able to clarify this question more definitely,but it is a very good question.

Regards.

Never seen one of these with a decal, but I have had a couple of unopened cases of this helmet. Wooden case was marked *civildefensforat hjelme complet* or something like that (Lars?), 5 in a case. They were all mint with paper between each lid.

?

Quote by KradSpam View Post
    Never seen one of these with a decal, but I have had a couple of unopened cases of this helmet. Wooden case was marked *civildefensforat hjelme complet* or something like that (Lars?), 5 in a case. They were all mint with paper between each lid.

Thanks for looking KradSpam, I would have enjoyed opening a case or two myself, sounds very exciting.
    Regards Opex

It was cool, I still have one of the empty boxes somewhere I will try and find it. Probably in the loft full of bits and pieces.

?

Totally agree it must have been very cool.

Regards Opex