Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Early Yugoslavian Helmet

Article about: Just to share a Yugoslav M59 from my collection and to show differances in shell profile with the later m59/85 which had a more pronounced upturned rim and went from a US Riddel style liner

Now that's a beauty having a number sequence! I'm tempted to peel back the sticker on mine but I won't.
    Cheers James for the great photos.

Cheers Rene' my inquisitive mind got the better of me the peeled sticker folded back into place with no damage ,I just wanted to see if the communist star was present or scubbed out the other salty looking relic is just a bare shell and shows what looks like a bracket for a handle has been removed so most likely a bed pan of some sort ,A bit like what happened to some of the German Helmets post ww2 ,Pans colanders and such like Don't worry I gave it a good rince out first

Hello to all,
    responding to one of our Members, who asked for info on the Italian helmets used in ex Yugoslavia in the Italian militaria room, I remembered this link: it seemed interesting to me to share in this post too.

Yugoslavia War

Regards
    Roberto

I've checked my Yugo - it's the 3-point harness / "Para" strap style...I was hoping for a Royal Flush..... but there's no number in the crown!!! why?

Quote by Composite View Post
    I've checked my Yugo - it's the 3-point harness / "Para" strap style...I was hoping for a Royal Flush..... but there's no number in the crown!!! why?
    Hi Ade, this helmet existed with two types of liner, as you can see in the post, I think the serial number is only present in the examples M59 with the liner with a central "circular" lanyard and a light colored leather strip; I do not know the reason for this anyway.
    I'm aware of an adaptation for paratroopers made with this model, as you say with three-point chin strap, neck protection and different liner, I think it's quite rare and I've never seen one.

Regards
    Roberto

Is this the model you refer gents ,not a paratrooper helmet but best described as a stop gap economy version Mile Dragic M97 and utilises the same webbing harness strapsEarly Yugoslavian HelmetEarly Yugoslavian Helmet

Yep, that’s it....the 3-point harness....the forerunner to the Compo.....

Thanks for showing it, James
    even this variant was unknown to me, but what I meant was still different, as I said the liner was completely different and was also equipped with a neck protector, a clear indicator of use by paratroopers.
    I saw it described in a book, I try to find and if I find some info I add it to the post.

The only Yugoslav people's army paratrooper helmet i am aware of and also happen to own an example of is this PC99 and it has been in service a very long time and made from of a glass fiber material ,other than that and without pictures i am completely stumped on the model type you refer Roberto Early Yugoslavian HelmetEarly Yugoslavian HelmetEarly Yugoslavian HelmetEarly Yugoslavian Helmet

Roberto could it be this model your getting confused with ,looks very similar in design China GK82 Airborne - Brendon's Helmets

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast