MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

French M-51.

Article about: Hi Guys. Here's a French M-51 from my collection, this particular example has a Satin 300 Hood attached. Feel free to comment.

?

Default French M-51.

Hi Guys.

Here's a French M-51 from my collection, this particular example has a Satin 300 Hood attached.

Feel free to comment.

French M-51.
    French M-51.

Default Re: French M-51.

Very nice although im not into M1 clone types,but Greg is in a big way,im sure he will be along in due coarse,regards minnie.

?

Quote by moaning minnie View Post
    Very nice although im not into M1 clone types,but Greg is in a big way,im sure he will be along in due coarse,regards minnie.

Many thanks for looking and for your comments Minnie, I look forward to Greg's input!!

Cheers.

very nice example opex it looks in mint condition i can just about make out 1950 something is it mid fifties dated and does the sheel have the smooth or textured finish ,thanks james

?

Quote by col james View Post
    very nice example opex it looks in mint condition i can just about make out 1950 something is it mid fifties dated and does the sheel have the smooth or textured finish ,thanks james
    Thanks James, 1955, and the steel shell is textured.

thanks opex mine is in the same mint condition as yours but mine is dated 1954 i love these lids as they offer something a bit different from the usual m1 style especially with the large flared rear rim ,a definite must for any helmet collection thanks james

Great looking M51. Have had one of these on our "Got to Get" list for a while now, just havn't come arcoss a good one like your yet! Thanks for sharing.

Russ & Son

I have a couple of the French M51 helmets, an early model from 1951 and a later model from 1953

I have seen photos of this helmet in use during the Vietnam war by the South Vietnamese and also the Cambodians
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture French M-51.   French M-51.  

French M-51.   French M-51.  

?

Great reference pictures Battlegear, nice to see some period pictures from SE Asia, and your right these were not just worn by French forces, Vietnamese also served under the French Foreign legion.

Thanks ,Opex.

?

Hi,Here's a couple more from my collection for your opinions.

French M-51.
    French M-51.
    French M-51.
    French M-51.
    DSC07519.jpg

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast