Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here

German GSG9 Helmet

Article about: Hello A real early German GSG9 (Grenzschutzgruppe 9) helmet is a bit harder to come by. It must have certain details that the helmets of the SEK (special task force) of the state police do n

Default German GSG9 Helmet

Hello

A real early German GSG9 (Grenzschutzgruppe 9) helmet is a bit harder to come by. It must have certain details that the helmets of the SEK (special task force) of the state police do not have.

Here is such a GSG9 helmet. He is used more and has seen and survived a few missions and exercises. A total of four carriers have immortalized themselves on the inside.

These helmets used shells very similar to the German WWII M38 paratrooper helmets. Only a stainless steel edge was welded on and the metal was not beaded. The interior corresponds to the paratrooper helmets of the Bundeswehr M1A1LL, only the ring is made of black plastic.
    The chin strap is a creation for the special commands.

The early GSG 9 helmets from the 1970's have the following unique details that make them different from some SEK helmets.

German GSG9 Helmet

- Loop for the chin strap
    - large buckle

German GSG9 Helmet

- Screws with holes

German GSG9 Helmet

Frühe GSG9 helmets were always painted in black-green RAL 6012.

German GSG9 Helmet

German GSG9 Helmet

German GSG9 Helmet

German GSG9 Helmet

German GSG9 Helmet

German GSG9 Helmet

German GSG9 Helmet

German GSG9 Helmet

German GSG9 Helmet

German GSG9 Helmet

German GSG9 Helmet

German GSG9 Helmet

German GSG9 Helmet

German GSG9 Helmet

German GSG9 Helmet

German GSG9 Helmet

German GSG9 Helmet

German GSG9 Helmet

German GSG9 Helmet

German GSG9 Helmet

German GSG9 Helmet

German GSG9 Helmet

German GSG9 Helmet

German GSG9 Helmet

German GSG9 Helmet

German GSG9 Helmet

German GSG9 Helmet

German GSG9 Helmet

German GSG9 Helmet

German GSG9 Helmet

German GSG9 Helmet

German GSG9 Helmet

German GSG9 Helmet

German GSG9 Helmet

German GSG9 Helmet

German GSG9 Helmet

The famous pictures of the GSG 9 (dpd) show the men with gas protection goggles.

German GSG9 Helmet

German GSG9 Helmet

But caution is also required here. Most of the glasses in trading are fake and were made at a later date and no longer used by the GSG 9.

The right glasses must not have wide strap ends, must not have "DIN 5" on the side, must not have wide metal buckles on the side and they must not have a white print on the front.

The right glasses have an "Auer" logo on the front, narrow buckles on the side and narrow/small strap ends.
    They are made early to late 1970's.

German GSG9 Helmet

German GSG9 Helmet

German GSG9 Helmet

German GSG9 Helmet

German GSG9 Helmet

German GSG9 Helmet

German GSG9 Helmet

German GSG9 Helmet

German GSG9 Helmet

German GSG9 Helmet

German GSG9 Helmet

German GSG9 Helmet

German GSG9 Helmet

German GSG9 Helmet

German GSG9 Helmet

German GSG9 Helmet

Regards

Sleepwalker, I have to say it, your detailed 'walkaround' pics of helmets are often *better* than having the actual thing in hand. Remarkable.

Nice to see one presented in its original form and not having been "retro-styled" back to a wartime M38.

Quote by BlackCat1982 View Post
    Nice to see one presented in its original form and not having been "retro-styled" back to a wartime M38.
    Hello,

Because of the rim, that's hard to get credible.

These helmets are rarer to find than a WWII paratrooper helmet.

Very informative write up regarding these helmet's and a very nice example you have Sleepwalker so thank you for sharing ,a few years ago i put together this display representation from that time period for the GSG9 and i know not accurate but might as well share here to add to your thread if you don't mind me posting that isGerman GSG9 HelmetGerman GSG9 HelmetGerman GSG9 Helmet
    Regards James

Hello.

I know these helmets with screws without holes and chin straps without loops from the SEK in Bavaria and North Rhine-Westphalia. Surely they were also used by other SEK. I also have one from 1975 marked "SEK". These helmets also came in gray color.

Regards

Quote by Sleepwalker View Post
    Hello.

I know these helmets with screws without holes and chin straps without loops from the SEK in Bavaria and North Rhine-Westphalia. Surely they were also used by other SEK. I also have one from 1975 marked "SEK". These helmets also came in gray color.

Regards
    I am in possession of a helmet belonging to a member of a North Rhine-Westphalian SEK (Spezialeinsatzkommando).
    The officer was in action in August 1988 at the Geiseldrama in Gladbeck.

I have the helmet there:
    GSG 9 helmet, my Xmas present to myself !
    shown in #15.

Hello,

@Reibert. I also have a SEK helmet from NRW that was involved in the operation in the perephery.

At that time, the titanium helmets were already with the SEK. The M38 clones were already intended for the 2 and 3 lines or exercises.

Here are some interesting pictures.

Only two M38 clones can be seen in direct action. These have camouflage netting.

Kapitel 6 – Der Zugriff - Page 3 of 3 - RND Gladbeck[group-5302]/10/

Regards

Quote by Sleepwalker View Post
    Hello,

@Reibert. I also have a SEK helmet from NRW that was involved in the operation in the perephery.

At that time, the titanium helmets were already with the SEK. The M38 clones were already intended for the 2 and 3 lines or exercises.

Here are some interesting pictures.

Only two M38 clones can be seen in direct action. These have camouflage netting.

Kapitel 6 – Der Zugriff - Page 3 of 3 - RND Gladbeck[group-5302]/10/

Regards
    Kapitel 6 – Der Zugriff - Page 3 of 3 - RND Gladbeck

Reading this report is just heartbreaking! ...